June 2015 Moms
Options

"Push Presents"

2»

Re: "Push Presents"

• Options
    I had to suggest it with my first, but I wanted a birthstone charm for my Pandora bracelet.  He did the same with our second and I'm sure will with our third.  We share everything finances related, so I could have just bought it myself but I wanted him to pick it out. 

Present for DH?  Ummmm, a vasectomy?  He says we are done after this baby so that's what he wants.  No but seriously the baby is the present :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My push gift was my new iPhone 6+ it was more a joke then a gift
  • Options
    so while sitting on the couch looking at family rings, DH came and sat beside me, saw what i was doing and asked about it. i jokingly told him im thinking about getting myself a push present if i survive and we joked about me getting one before my mom does (who has been wanting one forever, like 5+ years) we also talked about birthstone colours and such, so the thought has been planted.

on a side note i doubt anything will actually come of it, just have a bad habit of getting my hopes up. :-\"
  • Options
    I always seem to go above and beyond for my SO presents and I always end up having to choose my own present or missing out (the meaning and thought is always lost) I'd love to get a present when the baby comes to signify the birth of our first born but I won't get my hopes up (which I have a really bad habit of)

I'm a massive sucker so I'm sure I'll get him something. Father's Day in Aus is in September.
  • Options
    I did just buy DH a Father's day gift, but I didn't want to skip that. He's been great. I don't think there will be a push present (there wasn't for DS) but he got me a very nice Pandora-style bracelet for Mother's day from LO. I've had a hard time with this one and it was pink and silver and had a mother-daughter charm on it. It was perfect. I love it, he's been so thoughtful.
  • Options
    Throughout the pregnancy I've joked about how if LO comes out blonde he needs to go buy an opal that we can give her (old wives tale that wearing an opal keeps blondes blonde) and I've also asked for a newspaper on the day she is born (my dad did this for me and gave it to me on my 18th birthday...kind of cool!) The other day DH told me not to worry, he's got something planned...so that made me a bit excited, EDD is just a couple days after our 5 year wedding anniversary.
  • Options
    Some ladies at work were asking me about this a couple of weeks ago and it made me so uncomfortable! First off, I had never heard of getting a present for childbirth so I was caught off guard. But I thought about it and my hubs has been so amazing. I've been so sick and tired and he's just rocking it helping me out. I'll take that as my gift. As well as feeling human again. That's going to be sooo nice. <:-P