March 2015 Moms
Options

Father's Day

hello mamas! Father's Day is coming up and I really want to get something great for my husband, and our fathers since they are new grandpas! My husband loves a nice scotch and doesn't often buy a bottle for himself so I'm thinking of getting that but I wanted to add something that is related to our son. Anyone know what they are getting the awesome dads in their life?

Re: Father's Day

• Options
    kfooy1kfooy1 member
    I've order custom mugs and water bottle w pic of LO on it and going to take my husband and dad on a fishing trip to on the coast. It's mini vacation for both of us :)
  • Options
    xrumxrum member
    love this thread, please continue with ideas :) they dont' have to be baby related, just something for "him". i'm completely out of ideas this year :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are getting a new grill for the season... Also shutterfly has tons of promotions and freebies that pop up every so often. I got him a free mousepad for his desk. Going to do a hand/footprint card for him with my LO.
  • Options
    My husband really wants a record player. His dad has some old records he wants to give him, but we don't have a record player, so I'm going to buy him one! Im at a loss for his dad. His birthday is this month, too. My dad I got him a Dodgers bobblehead. He moved to New Mexico so he doesn't get to go to any Dodgers games. Anyone doing anything baby themed?
  • Options

My husband really wants a record player. His dad has some old records he wants to give him, but we don't have a record player, so I'm going to buy him one! Im at a loss for his dad. His birthday is this month, too. My dad I got him a Dodgers bobblehead. He moved to New Mexico so he doesn't get to go to any Dodgers games. Anyone doing anything baby themed?

When is your birthday? Mine is the 29th this month. I'll be thirty (say it isn't so!)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    For SuzyQ and all the M15 losses

• Options
    beatlesgal4beatlesgal4 member
    edited June 2015
    I usually don't buy things that are this impractical (as it is literally only applicable one day ever), but I went ahead and got one of these for my hubby!
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/224811801/happy-first-fathers-day-teal-or-pink

I may couple it with some printed out "coupons" redeemable at any time for things like, "One free coupon to sleep through the night" or, "One free coupon for Mommy/Daddy adult time." ;)

I don't know... still working on the second component. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This is what I'm thinking of doing, courtesy of Pinterest.
  • Options
    I ordered a board book from pinhole press called Daddy and (insert baby's name here). I used all pictures of my daughter and husband and made a little story...like "Daddy and (baby) like to nap!" With a picure of her napping on his chest. So I did a little sentence to go along with each pic so he can read it to her.
  • Options
    I found a key ring on Amazon where you tell them the date for the front, and then put a message on the front. It's wooden and hand carved and less than £15. We're moving continents so couldn't get anything too big, and this is a nice, sentimental but not too much, gift.
  • Options
    I made a calender on shutterfly from ultra sound till now for his desk at work and put happy 1st Father's Day love , Olivia (our daughter ) on it . Hoping he'll love it I spent hours choosing pics lol
  • Options
    I'm really excited about my Father's Day gift for my husband. I got him a wooden watch that's engraved on the back. It says, First Father's Day 6/21/15 on the back. I found it online at tree hut. image
  • Options
    zandybzandyb member
    He didn't want anything (said the baby was present enough for all occasions this year!), but he loves dinosaurs and when I saw this online I had to get it! Nothing big, but I know he'll like it :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Honestly, I'll probably treat him to lunch somewhere and then take the kids out so he can rest or do whatever he wants for a few hours. If I do purchase a gift, it'll be something small; like a picture frame of him with our two girls.
  • Options
    LcastoLcasto member
    I'm ordering BBQ brisket to be shipped from our favorite bbq place in Texas. We moved away from there a couple years ago and our hearts ache for Texas BBQ. Haha he's going to be thrilled. (As will I!)
  • Options
    I am at a loss of what to get him! It is also my bday and my step-mom's bday the same day as Father's Day this year. I am impressed that so many people have already ordered gifts!!
  • Options
    2Swanns said:

I ordered a board book from pinhole press called Daddy and (insert baby's name here). I used all pictures of my daughter and husband and made a little story...like "Daddy and (baby) like to nap!" With a picure of her napping on his chest. So I did a little sentence to go along with each pic so he can read it to her.

I love this idea! What a great way to provide something personalized while giving him an opportunity for baby bonding time (which I know my DH would love) I think I may do this too - thanks!!!!
  • Options
    lmc929lmc929 member
    I got my husband Jimmy Fallon's new book "Your Baby's first word will be DaDa"

Me: 29 DH: 35

Married: 9/29/12

DS #1: 3/8/15