April 2014 Moms

Activities for 1 year olds

So we have been stuck in the house a lot because of rainy weather and I'm searching Pinterest for fun activities for 1 year olds. Anyone have any good games or activities that entertain their LO?

Re: Activities for 1 year olds

• We've been doing a lot of songs and coloring. It's not super thrilling but she loves it. I'm with you though, tired of crappy weather!!! We all need to get out!!!!
  • A bag of pipe cleaners has endless possibilities!
  • Loading the player...
  • I filled an old container with Pom-poms, LO loves it! Just make sure they're big enough that LO can't eat one and choke.

Oatmeal in a bin with shovels, buckets, etc.

"Splash zone" in the bathtub- put LO in a bathing suit and fill random containers with water to play with.

Playing with toys in a room that LO doesn't normally play in (master bedroom, etc).
  • ksulliksulli member
    Take her to a big box store. LO thinks it's hilarious to walk/run the aisles.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Finger painting in the highchair... By finger painting I mean spill some puree on the tray and let LO go at it. DD lovesit, it started as an accident lol.

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• LolaX2LolaX2 member
    DD loves playing with tupperware and spoons.
  • All the spoons. All the time. What is the fascination with spoons? Lo is a spoon magnet. He can grab them out of a drawer, off a table, etc before I even know what is happening!
  • I've been giving DD spoons and a metal bowl and she loves it!