May 2015 Moms
Options

What they didn't tell you

2»

Re: What they didn't tell you

• Options
    I did not expect a 47 hour labor and to not be able to deliver 100% naturally as "planned". I didn't expect to use a nipple shield for breastfeeding and for how much that frustrates me. I also didn't foresee our itty bitty baby girl to eat and spit up more than she sleeps!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't expect to have so many issues with low milk supply and having to pump so frequently - sometimes I feel like it consumes me.

I'm the opposite of most people - I expected an awful first 2 weeks post c section. However, I was up and walking as soon as I was allowed, and I was off narcotics the day after surgery. I felt back to normal when DD was 1 week old with the exception of my stamina; I blame that on 7 weeks of hospital bedrest.
  • Options
    I was also surprised by the PP swelling in my feet... I didn't have swelling during pregnancy, so this totally freaked me out.
    Also, no idea I'd still be in major pain 4wks PP. I had lots of issues with my stitches, but somehow I thought I'd be fine a month out. Bummer.
  • Options
    The pain after c section,and how hard is it to stand up and sit down and that i will lose my dignity and my mother in low will be putting diapers under me until i wake up from the general anesthesia,and that i will pee standing and i will have company while going to toilets and have a shower,and that i will not be able to hold my baby for along time because i will be in sooo much pain,and that i cant breastfeed and even if i tried then there is no milk and even sooo it is not enough to make your baby satisfied
  • Options
    @MrsStubbs25 ditto for the nipple shield!!! No one lets you know that you have inverted or semi inverted or hard to nurse on nipples because of breast engorgement until it happens to you. You just figure you'll be able to breast feed per usual before you have your baby but then you realize you can't. Thank goodness for nipple shields but I wish I didn't have to get it out every time I nurse (which is all day long).
  • Options
    I wish someone had told me about the poosplotions shooting across the room. And the pain and bleeding that last forever.
  • Options
    The pressure in your bottom while pushing. I got an epidural and thought you wouldn't feel anything after that. I did great until I had to push. The pressure was worse than any contraction I had.
  • Options
    Gah I didn't expect to push him out and my stomach feel instantly like jello. It was insane!

Also, I didn't expect to only be in labor for 4 hours! I pushed for 10 minutes and he was outta there! Everyone kept telling me it would take a long time because he's my first. Lol I was prepared to be there in pain all day!

I didn't know that when I stood up blood would go EVERYWHERE. That was just not cool. Lol. I should have expected that though.
  • Options
    Kye042Kye042 member
    1. Intense gas pain from the c section.
    2. Baby blues and emotions.
    3. How much a c section actually hurts.
  • Options
    The leaking during labor!!! I leaked fluid until the end!
  • Options
    kkdb14kkdb14 member
    That stretch marks weren't only for your belly! I knew they can technically pop up anywhere, but no one told me I should prepare for them elsewhere!
  • Options
    I wish they would have told me that I would not be able to drink anything after the epidural-only ice chips! If I had known I would have downed a water before the epidural

Or how hard it would be to stay still during the epidural

Or that contractions make you feel like you want to take the biggest poop ever

Or the postpartum hormones ....that was rough !

Or the HEMMROIDS...omg the hemmroids..they are probably the worst thing about it!
  • Options
    I'm a TTM & I dont remember ever getting this uncomfortable night sweats . I wake up soak in sweat & get cold chills it's so weird anyone else is going through the same?
  • Options
    This is a great post. I was surprised by terrible heart burn and carpel tunnel. I still have both btw and my LO is 4 weeks old. It is not as bad though. I was surprised at just how terrible both the contractions were and my Csection was (my baby was posterior and I developed a fever and infection so had to do C section). The worst for the surgery was the nausea. That night I threw up all night and could barely breast feed. In fact, I vomited during a feeding. I also was shocked at my emotional state the first two weeks. I was so sad and lonely and never expected to feel like that. It is better now and especially after talking with friends who experienced the same. I had been feeling guilty. I wish everyone a speedy recovery.