December 2015 Moms
Options

Did i overdo it?

so I've been feeling awful for about 2 weeks now- my allergies are so bad, my voice goes in and out and now I'm developing g this cough that makes me wonder if I'm getting bronchitis (not uncommon for me). We had a yard sale this weekend (has been planned for months- multifamily) so I had a super busy week getting things ready and im overtired to the max- yard sale just ended I've was getting super overheated I made sure not to carry heavy things but at the end I started to get really crampy and I'm afraid I maybe overdid it- my lungs are getting really bad but I have to go to work tomorrow so can't see the dr till tomorrow afternoon- I'm in bad shape- I wouldn't have hurt the baby right? I mean, the cramping makes me nervous

Re: Did i overdo it?

• Options
    Usually when you get overheated and crampy you need fluids. Try to rest with feet up amd drink lots! If it continues or gets worse best thing to do is mention it to the dr. But most likely it's just from doing more than usual. Hope you feel better mama!
  • Options
    fioripfiorip member
    Agree with previous poster, get some rest girl! And drink up, get yourself hydrated.
    I'm 29, husband is 30
    Together since 2006
    Married 01.17.15  <3

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    megs416megs416 member
    Like the other posters said... drink plenty of fluids and put your feet up! I did some house cleaning last weekend (after being lazy for weeks) and felt some cramping afterward. It went away in a day or two though. I think its just from being more active.
  • Options
    Anytime im dehydrated while pregnant i get crampy. I agree with PPs. Down a bunch of water, rest, put your feet up, sit in front of a fan. I dont think you did any damage but you definitely want to take it easy if youre feeling that way.
  • Options
    LihnleeLihnlee member
    I think you're fine and I agree with everyone else.

Get some rest and down some
    Water.

imageimage 

• Options

Anytime im dehydrated while pregnant i get crampy. I agree with PPs. Down a bunch of water, rest, put your feet up, sit in front of a fan. I dont think you did any damage but you definitely want to take it easy if youre feeling that way.

This! Exactly this.
  • Options
    Thanks guys I also called my OB to make sure I can still use my rescue inhaler since my lungs are getting bad he said if you can't breathe baby can't breathe so puff away lol lungs already feeling better gonna rest it up in hopes of being able to go to school tomorrow
  • Options
    BostonBaby1BostonBaby1 member
    edited May 2015

Thanks guys I also called my OB to make sure I can still use my rescue inhaler since my lungs are getting bad he said if you can't breathe baby can't breathe so puff away lol lungs already feeling better gonna rest it up in hopes of being able to go to school tomorrow

Absolutely! As somebody with asthma I can empathize. Do you have air conditioning at home? You may also want to check with your doctor about Mucinex. Mine was fine with it when I got a cold. I think it's preferential to having to use the inhaler often. However, do what you need to do to make sure that you are getting air and baby is getting air.

Hope you feel better soon and please update us later?!

* edited for typo
  • Options
    TomekiaBTomekiaB member
    edited June 2015
    I definitely used plain Mucinex when I was having issues with congestion (with neti pot using distilled water and neti salt packet), I am prone to bronchitis and sinus infections (sometimes with significant fevers), 2-3 days of plain mucinex (it was on the okay list) is better than the antibiotics and steroids I end up on for sinus infections or bronchitis.

I actually talked to my OB about the severity of my allergies because the exacerbation gets serious (I also have allergy induced asthma) and so my OB added singulair on top of my current regimine. He said his concern is obviously the babies health and allergies normally aren't a huge deal but with my history he did add the pregnancy class B singulair which he said is actually safer than claritin and zyrtec. My OB didn't want to take me off my oral and said my prescibed allergy nasal spray is fine too. He said his interest in my allergies is limited too wanting them controlled enough that they are not causing me to be sick enough to effect the pregnancy. 
  • Options
    Yea my problem is at this point they are completely affecting my life- I'm home from school again today I'm so sick I just can't I have no voice still a wicked cough a wicked headache and I was up in the middle of the night coughing and hacking and throwing up I feel like I'm drowning in my own body I had to make myself some tea now I'm exhausted to boot. I just can't handle this anymore and I don't know how long it will last im at the end of my rope :(