Trying to Get Pregnant

Seriously sorry :-(

Tiff+2moreTiff+2more member
edited May 2015 in Trying to Get Pregnant
I didn't mean to offend anybody! Thought this was just a trying to conceive page. And I can't find how to delete question. Sorry for everyone's loss/struggle.

Re: Seriously sorry :-(

• MrsDepoMrsDepo member
    edited May 2015
    Hey ladies! Any body have a girl after two or more boys? This is our last baby. Starting clomid next cycle. Did any one sway or try certain things for a girl?! Any thing is helpful :-)

Hi and welcome!

Lots of people here are still trying for their first baby so we may not have lots of advice for you. As far as I know, the only way to sway one way or another (though a lot of people don't believe it's possible, me included) would be timing sex a few days before ovulation for a girl, vs the day of ovulation for a boy. But since you are on a medicated cycle, I don't think you would want to do that since you are having trouble conceiving a third child (which is the assumption I'm making since you are using a powerful fertility drug).
    Him:31Me:27
    NTNP#1 since 12/14, TTC#1 since 4/15
    LPD diagnosis 9/15
    Femara + TI #1: 12/15 - 1/16 = BFN
    Femara + Ovidrel + TI #2: 1/16 - 2/16 = BFN
    Femara + Ovidrel + TI #3: 2/16 - 3/16 = BFP (Squish) 3/18/16, no growth/HB 4/12/16, MC on 5/3/16
    Taking a break from trying to focus on graduate school!
  • Loading the player...
  • walbs said:

You could adopt, that's really the only way to guarantee a girl.

Well, unless of course, you have sex sideways on a Tuesday wearing nothing but a pink baby bonnet. I heard that works. I have a friend of a friend of a friend whose mom's co-worker tried it this way and had a girl. Totez works.
    Hahahaha just no butt babies, they are always boys

Image result for bobs burger gifs

httpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUploadeaa27518d817eb3a350c501028155427jpghttpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUpload6bbb16d010206d10646648f568faa060jpg

• MrsDepoMrsDepo member
    kirkie928 said:
    I prefer science, you have a 50/50 shot no matter how or when you have sex. 

In other science news....has anyone else discovered that Bill Nye the Science Guy is on Netflix now!?!?!?!?!
    I was so excited when DH pointed this out!
    Him:31Me:27
    NTNP#1 since 12/14, TTC#1 since 4/15
    LPD diagnosis 9/15
    Femara + TI #1: 12/15 - 1/16 = BFN
    Femara + Ovidrel + TI #2: 1/16 - 2/16 = BFN
    Femara + Ovidrel + TI #3: 2/16 - 3/16 = BFP (Squish) 3/18/16, no growth/HB 4/12/16, MC on 5/3/16
    Taking a break from trying to focus on graduate school!
  • MrsDepo said:
    kirkie928 said:

In other science news....has anyone else discovered that Bill Nye the Science Guy is on Netflix now!?!?!?!?!
    I was so excited when DH pointed this out!
    I found it this evening =) I yelled for DH to come to the living room and I just pointed at the TV. His response was "Play all!!!"
    I am 27, DH is 26.
    We have been married since September 28, 2013.
    We had our first child, Zoey, February 7, 2016.

images 300168
  • Well, with our cattle we do sex semen so I'm assuming if you do AI it's possible, but probably much more expensive doing it for one than it is for us when doing it on a scale of thousands.
  • kirkie928 said:

Moments like this makes me hate being Canadian, our Netflix sucks
  • No. Just no.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• I just want a take home baby :|
  • I just want a take home baby :|

Yeah, this.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Hugs fellow jan 16 mama
    @crogers19
  • From my understanding the further away from ovulation BD the more likely you are to concieve a girl due to male sperm is not being able to survive as long. Males are faster but die sooner females live longer but are slower. I've heard position can also help but no guarantee obviously. Missionary is better for girls because of the positioning of the cervix and semen. Granted this is all hear say. My mother tried this and here I am, but after 3 boys maybe she just got lucky lol. Good luck!
  • From my understanding the further away from ovulation BD the more likely you are to concieve a girl due to male sperm is not being able to survive as long. Males are faster but die sooner females live longer but are slower. I've heard position can also help but no guarantee obviously. Missionary is better for girls because of the positioning of the cervix and semen. Granted this is all hear say. My mother tried this and here I am, but after 3 boys maybe she just got lucky lol. Good luck!

No
  • Coming from a mom of a daughter I can see your point of view where you would like to raise a girl along with your boys.  Yes we are all happy receive whatever God gives us, but let's be real....if you have feelings then express them.  

You always feel that compassion for a woman who has yet to be a mother.  However, don't let those people make you feel bad for your feelings.  
    As mentioned earlier, this theory has been debunked.
    But guise, reading is hard. 
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

LFAF: Frankly Disturbing
    Just the title, then the mention of Clo-Clo-Candy had me cringing. X_X

No, I don't try to sway for sex (not gender). It's 50/50 unless you select using IUI/IVF etc.

Now to read the rest of this, I'm sure charming, thread.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My cousin just had a girl (third kid) she swears its from her diet during the time of conception.. I believe in the 50\50 chance and i dont believe position matters...

I'd love to be a mother. Period! If I had nothing but boys or nothing but girls I'd be perfectly happy. I just want a healthy 9 months and a healthy baby. I'm sure that's how most woman on here feel.... If you feel like you don't want another boy, or will be depressed because its a boy, you probably rethink TTC now because you do have a 50\50 chance..
  • Maybe she just felt bad afterwards and yeah OP Baby dust doesn't fit right for this forums spec after a loss of a child.I know you mean well though and mean it like fairy dust but people on here don't like the term.
    TTC #2

What i'm trying: Seed Cycling,Fertility Friend,&Charting.
    My Ovulation Chart

• Yeah same here :(
    TTC #2

What i'm trying: Seed Cycling,Fertility Friend,&Charting.
    My Ovulation Chart

• I didn't mean to offend anybody! Thought this was just a trying to conceive page. And I can't find how to delete question. Sorry for everyone's loss/struggle.

Thank you for apologising :) For future reference, don't delete or edit your entire post as it's considered a breach of etiquette. If you would like to edit your original post, it's good minimise the amount you do. Anything else is generally classed as a DD (Dirty Delete). Also, baby dust isn't used here because it references babies that have passed away and there are ladies here who find it offensive and insensitive. Other boards may use it but not here.

Good luck with your journey. Please lurk and if you have a question not answered in previous posts then feel free to post. However you should read the posts pinned at the top of the board. This board is full of knowledgeable ladies and a lot of support but there's snark awaiting those who breach TOU or don't lurk.
    Expecting Double Trouble, April 2016