Babies on the Brain
Options

10 days late, negative hpt

I'm about to go crazy! I have normal, predicable periods for a few years now and this is the first one that is late by more than a day. I've taken several home pregnancy tests which all returned negative, went to urgent care where they did a urine test that came back negative as well. I'm nauseous (like when you drink a lot of alcohol and you think if you throw up you'll feel better but you really don't), fatigue, dizziness, whitish colored discharge (TMI-sorry) and I'm more aware of my boobs than ever (not sore just more aware of them). My husband thinks that that I'm stressed however, these aren't my normal symptoms of my stress (besides, my face isn't even full of stress zits-again, TMI-sorry). I feel that I am pregnant but not showing up on the urine tests. Any advice on how not to go insane? 

Re: 10 days late, negative hpt

• Options
    It's a fantastic read with a lot of information about trying to conceive and recognizing a pregnancy.

"When those phantom symptoms come, remind yourself over and over again that if you are pregnant enough to have symptoms, you are pregnant enough to turn a test + (which is impossible at 4,5,6 DPO because your body doesn't recognize anything is different yet)."

I think reading this thread will be your best option for dealing with an irregular period.
  • Options
    Are you temping & charting? Unless you are you won't know when you ovulated which means you won't know when to expect your period.

Even if your cycles are typically very predictable, your body can just change it up on you for no reason. If tests are coming back negative, you are not pregnant at this time and you just ovulated later than normal this cycle.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice. 
  • Options
    Turned out to be a combination of stress and late ovulation. Thanks for helping keep me sane :)