February 2016 Moms
Options

Baby sex...

AggieKimAggieKim member
edited May 2015 in February 2016 Moms
Just for fun chat:

Who has checked the Chinese Gender Calendar already?

Anyone have guesses based on the Shettles method? https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/Gender-Selection-The-Shettles-Method.html

Edited for some grammar and clarification
-Kimberly :) 
My Ridiculous Chart                                                    
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Baby sex...

• Options
    For fun, I did the Chinese calendar just now for the dates for my son, and it said boy. For this pregnancy, it says girls.

Shettles: our timing was very much in favor of boy when we had my son and it's a little more girlish this round. We will see!
    My Ridiculous Chart                                                    
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Chinese gender chart said boy when I had my son, it also says boy this time. FX, lol. As for the Shettle's method, no idea. We had sex EOD and varied with positions.
    Benjamin born on - 4/5/12
    BFP 12/31/14, EDD 9/08/14 ~ Natural M/C 2/21/14 at 11.5 weeks
    BFP 5/24/15 - EDD 2/4/16

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Chinese gender chart says boy, which would be great because we saved all DSs things.
  • Options
    MrsJG3MrsJG3 member
    The Chinese calendar says boy which would be great since I gave away all my girls stuff up to size 4. I have no clue about Shettles.
    DD: 8  DD: 3.5  DS:18M
    Baby #4 Due: 2/4/2016
    Feb16 August Siggy Challenge
    Favorite TV Mom

• Options
    Oh,for the record, both times I've gotten pregnant weird things happened in my fertile window that drastically changed when my husband could have sex. It's so stupid. So like, literally, I would say there was only one time that would even count based on my estimated O date this round. I DIDNT PLAN IT THAT WAY AND GOES AGAINST MY DO IT EVERYDAY PLAN! Gawsh my husband challenges me at times. So that's why I can guess Shettles. Was never the dang plan.
    My Ridiculous Chart                                                    
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Chinese gender says boy! Which I'd be very happy with! He would fit in all ds old clothes. Ds was born in March
  • Options
    mrs3615mrs3615 member
    Chinese calendar says boy!

My timing was -3 and -1, and we used preseed. I'm not quite sure what that means....
    me: 29 DH: 30
    Married 3.6.15
    EDD of Baby S 2.5.16

LFAF-July Siggy
  • Options
    Our timing was like -4 -2 0 +2 so it I would guess girl if the sperm was there waiting for the egg when it popped. DH was "not in the mood" each time I tried to initiate! I made him do it though. haha I checked my son's info on the Chinese gender chart and got boy. I got girl this time around! I would LOVE to have a girl but am totally fine with a boy too. We will see!
    Baby 2.0!
    BabyFruit Ticker

"http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/32499b"
     28 Years old DH 29
    Married since 8/7/10
  • Options
    I tried checking the gender chart but I conceived right around my birthday so not sure which age to use! One age says girl, one boy. As for shettles, who knows, after 2 years of TTC we just go for it regularly within the fertile window.
  • Options
    I tried checking the gender chart but I conceived right around my birthday so not sure which age to use! One age says girl, one boy. As for shettles, who knows, after 2 years of TTC we just go for it regularly within the fertile window.

If it was before your birthday use that age!

Baby 2.0!
    BabyFruit Ticker

28 Years old DH 29
    Married since 8/7/10
  • Options
    Chinese gender chart says boy for me (I'm in for trouble, got 2 step sons already) totally hoping for a girl but I'll be happy with either. Side note: was anyone else expecting something totally different by the title of this thread? I was totally thinking yes it's OK to have sex. You won't hurt the baby. Lol!
    @tigerfish227 Hahaha. You know, I debated what to title it. I get so nervous on the boards around here sometimes. The community has changed since I was here with trying to conceive my son and after on the BMB (which left a very long time ago), but there is still a similar element around which I refuse to define more. I'm educated, but I fear mentioning any point I'm not educated well in, you know? So I saw some post on some board discussing the difference between gender and sex, and, good Lord, I don't want to get flamed for something I don't feel is worthy of being flamed! Suffice it to say, I try to be very cautious until I get to know the group I'm with...and this group will grow and change definitely for the next month or two, and then I'm sure something will cause an argument or unhappy debate later and the group may change then, too. Until then, walking on eggshells.
    My Ridiculous Chart                                                    
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    AggieKim said:

Chinese gender chart says boy for me (I'm in for trouble, got 2 step sons already) totally hoping for a girl but I'll be happy with either.

Side note: was anyone else expecting something totally different by the title of this thread? I was totally thinking yes it's OK to have sex. You won't hurt the baby. Lol!

@tigerfish227 Hahaha. You know, I debated what to title it. I get so nervous on the boards around here sometimes. The community has changed since I was here with trying to conceive my son and after on the BMB (which left a very long time ago), but there is still a similar element around which I refuse to define more. I'm educated, but I fear mentioning any point I'm not educated well in, you know? So I saw some post on some board discussing the difference between gender and sex, and, good Lord, I don't want to get flamed for something I don't feel is worthy of being flamed! Suffice it to say, I try to be very cautious until I get to know the group I'm with...and this group will grow and change definitely for the next month or two, and then I'm sure something will cause an argument or unhappy debate later and the group may change then, too. Until then, walking on eggshells.

Oh I'm totally glad you said sex vs gender but I was totally thinking along a different line. Maybe I just have a dirty mind? Hahaha!
  • Options
    jennymack79jennymack79 member
    edited May 2015
    So I just checked the Chinese calendar and it says boy. Shettles would be a boy too b/c the only day we had sex all cycle ended up being O day. We were actually going to TTA this cycle (just because of some events coming up) but then said "the hell with it!" and ended up KU after all. :)

Anyway, if I could choose I'd want a girl, only because I had no brothers and feel like I know girls. But, I would of course be overjoyed with either sex. And my adorable little nephew makes boys a bit less scary, too!

Edit because it's shettles not shuttles
    Me 37, DH 37
    Married since 4/2004
    DS born 1/20/16, Graeme
  • Options
    Chinese gender predictor was right for my son and predicts girl. Not sure about shettles. We avoided my entire ovulation window due to a back injury so I don't even know how I got pregnant! I didn't chart my temps so I have no idea when I actually ovulated. I have lots of reasons to be happy for either a boy or girl. But for the love of my sanity please no twins!!!

Pregnancy Ticker

Happy Birthday Month to Me!

• Options
    AggieKim said:
    Chinese gender chart says boy for me (I'm in for trouble, got 2 step sons already) totally hoping for a girl but I'll be happy with either. Side note: was anyone else expecting something totally different by the title of this thread? I was totally thinking yes it's OK to have sex. You won't hurt the baby. Lol!
    I'm a big fan of, "If you don't have anything nice to say..." I also think that a little debate is good and you shouldn't get your feelings hurt just because you were wrong or don't like what someone else said. At the same token you don't have to be an A**hole to get a point crossed. FWIW.
    Baby 2.0!
    BabyFruit Ticker

28 Years old DH 29
    Married since 8/7/10
  • Options
    DEFINITELY thought this thread was going to be about intercourse. I have a dirty mind too!!
    me: 29 DH: 30
    Married 3.6.15
    EDD of Baby S 2.5.16

LFAF-July Siggy
  • Options
    The gender chart was right for my son and says this one is a girl. Fx!

Truly, I'm just hoping for a baby that makes it to the age of viability. (But another female in the house would be nice!)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The Chinese gender chart predicted girl for my son, and girl again for this one. We shall see! We are team green so we have awhile to wait...
  • Options
    Chinese gender calendar says Girl. I have no idea about Shettles. Honestly, I would love to have another girl, but we're not planning to find out so we have a bit of a wait.
    DD born Feb. 2010. BFP 5/25/15, EDD 2/4/16!

Pregnancy Ticker
    It's a pirate's life for me, savvy? (Jack Sparrow) photo tumblr_mdjrtz1WNt1r6a7ny.gif
  • Options
    Mine says girl. It was wrong for both my kids so I'm probably having a boy. LOL.