Infertility
Options

Five beautiful follies = One ugly BFN

I just finished another cycle of 200 mg Clomid. after all the horrible hormones subsided I went to my mid cycle US and was over joyed to learn I had five big follies! I had allowed myself to feel something I hadn't felt in a long time…hope. The Dr suggested we do timed intercourse without the trigger shot this round as opposed to another IUI to prevent multiple pregnancies (which honestly I wouldn't mind multiple). I told the Dr I still wanted to do the trigger shot since ovulation kits don't work for me. I was feeling so very positive this round after seeing my follicles, but today I tested and found a BFN looking back at me. I'm really trying to not let me get me to down. My dh says don't worry it will happen. I wish I still had his optimism. I guess I don't really have a question I just wanted to share cause there's nobody in my life that can understand what it's like dealing with infertility.
Married February 2012 TTC 2 years 4 months Diagnosis: PCOS and dh low morphology 1 MC at 9 weeks

Re: Five beautiful follies = One ugly BFN

• Options
    tlateeftlateef member
    A negative isn't always a negative. On my third IUI I had two mature follicles (not ideal) but I triggered and had the IUI and on my blood test two weeks later I had a negative result. We decided to take a month off after 3 consecutive failed cycles and a month later when I hadn't gotten a period yet I did a hpt and it was positive. Went to the doc two days later and they confirmed I was having twins. However I was not two weeks along as I thought but rather 5. It seems the IUI didn't work because I didn't ovulate on time even with he trigger but intercourse we had after the fact apparently did work. That's why I got a negative test that month because it was too early to detect from the actual conception date versus when I had the IUI. So while I can't guarantee the same result for you, don't lose hope and don't rule it out. I'm 28 weeks today and sometimes I still feel like it's not real. Good luck!
  • Options
    I understand how difficult it is and you can't just not "worry and it'll happen", your brain will forever worry because that's what infertility does.
    My only suggestion is to not stay on clomid more than 6 months. My original ob had me on for over a year before she gave us a referral to a fertility clinic. Our first meeting there, the fertility Dr was furious because the most you should try are 6 months. She believed that I was a small percentage that may ovulate with the meds but then have my lining thin too much for anything to implant.
    I know every bfn takes the wind out of your sails but hopefully, it's one step closer to your perfect ending. And try to have fun with the timed intercourse. For us it became such a chore and I wish, looking back, we had tried to keep it more light and fun.