Baby Names
Options

Georgia and Caroline?

lifeisapeachlifeisapeach member
edited May 2015 in Baby Names
we have a Georgia and are on the hunt for a name for her little sister (I posted the list we had a few days ago). I really love and have always loved Caroline. But....
Georgia and Caroline ???
A no-go right? Too close to having my girls both be states? Which btw Georgia was a name before the state. We love her name but my biggest annoyance is "are you guys from the south?"

Anyways, Georgia and Caroline???

My family says it is fine but my gut says no.

Re: Georgia and Caroline?

• Options
    I am in the exact same boat as you!!! We have a Caroline already and want to name dd #2 Georgia. My DH is worried people will think we are naming after 2 states, but almost everyone has said not to worry about it because they are both gorgeous names. And technically Carolina is a state, not Caroline. ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I love it. Idk where you're from but I am actually from NC originally and I only make the state connection with Carolina, not Caroline. I think it's a great combo for sisters!

EDD for #1: 3/19/17
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with PP. I didn't think of the state until you said something. My first thought was that it was an awesome sib set. Go for it!
  • Options
    Love both those names! Georgia was on our short list! I didn't put the state names together either, I think it is a great sib-set.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Carter 5.25.10   Charlotte 2.6.12   Baby#3 5.17.15
  • Options
    Love them. The state connection didn't even cross my mind until you said something.
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Options
    Georgia
  • Options
    I don't think of a state at all when I hear Caroline. I think it would be fine, they are both really pretty names
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    CGlessCGless member
    I think they're great, just don't name the next one Virginia or Dakota if you don't want people to think you're all about states.
  • Options
    I didn't think of it either. I think it's a great set! Love both names!

• Options
    4N6s4N6s member
    I love Caroline. I say, go for it!
  • Options
    4N6s said:

I love Caroline. I say, go for it!

Ditto!
  • Options
    I think they sound perfect
  • Options
    I love the names and I love them together. It is also a bit of a jump to go from Caroline to North Carolina. I think if you were doing two state names that sucked, like Dakota and Alaska, it would get side-eyed, but since both names are names first and locations second, and both are gorgeous and classic, no one will bat an eye.
  • Options
    I love them together!
  • Options
    Love both those names!!! Go for it.
  • Options
    Thank you soo much ladies!!!
  • Options
    Btw- we are in Washington state. I don't think of states when I hear Georgia or Caroline and I agree Caroline is far from Carolina , I just thought If others associated Georgia with just the state they would think the same with Caroline. My mil actually suggested Carolina saying "then you would have a theme." I had to stop myself from rolling my eyes , does she not know me at all? Lol!!
  • Options
    LNic5LNic5 member
    I think it's fine!!
  • Options
    mattandloramattandlora member
    edited June 2015
    I didn't catch the association at first. But being from the south, I caught it pretty quickly (a minute?) Now that I see it, I can't unsee it. But I agree that you're probably ok since both were names before they were states. It's not like you're naming your kids Dakota and Arizona

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

• Options
    Love Caroline, would be different if you were doing Carolina