July 2015 Moms
Options

My hormones are making me a horror!

KatyB86KatyB86 member
edited May 2015 in July 2015 Moms
so last night i was irritable, my body was so itchy and just generally really uncomfortable. I couldn't settle so got in the bath at 12:30 hoping I could relax got in bed at 1am shattered and then my husband woke me at 7am this morning so that I could go down to the kids so he could go to the gym. Resulted in an argument because I think he was totally selfish or am I just being a hormonal witch!!

Re: My hormones are making me a horror!

• Options
    Does he normally head to the gym on Saturdays around this time? If so, then you're prob being slightly hormonal. Although all SO's should give us a little slack and realize the "norm" might not be feasible this next month or so.

I definitely get hormonal and easily irritated, I've been trying really hard to be transparent about my needs and wants recently.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    KatyB86KatyB86 member
    No, usually has a day off from the gym on a Saturday. It's the fact he woke me to go and not wait until I woke. Even still maybe I shouldn't have made an argument out of it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Any ounce of sleep I can get right now is precious, I've been having so much trouble. If hubs woke me up while I was finally sleeping he'd be in trouble..... I'll also add that I've been lucky in that I haven't had that hormonal witch side effect, just the opposite actually, never been more in love my entire life!

If you've been having trouble sleeping like I have then I wouldn't blame the hormones, lol
  • Options
    KatyB86 said:

No, usually has a day off from the gym on a Saturday. It's the fact he woke me to go and not wait until I woke. Even still maybe I shouldn't have made an argument out of it!

Oh no, if it's out of routine then He should have let you sleep, especially since you had so many issues just getting to bed last night.

Anyhow. I hope things are back to normal now. Hope you get a nap.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    steebysteeby member

I, too, have been feeling super hormonal! The hubby gets the brunt of it, unfortunately. I probably would have been pretty cranky in your situation as well. I always talk to him about it afterwards and we end up coming to an understanding. I've learned that the man just has NO clue as to what I'm going through and he needs everything explained to him in detail. I also notice (and I think this is funny) that when he hears me on the phone talking to a girlfriend about the woes of pregnancy, he gets super lovey dovey when I hang up the phone. I think it helps him to hear me talk to someone else about it and I think it reassures him that he isn't the problem, lol. Poor hubs, love him to death.