March 2015 Moms

Sleeping

my little one had been sleeping though the night since he was 6 weeks, like I mean from 9:30/10 to 5:30/6. Now all of a sudden for the past 5 nights it's a fight to get him to sleep, and when he does at 9:30/9 he's up at 3/3:30. It's like I feel we are taking steps backwards! After that it's every 2 hours. Is it possible that he is waking not himself up? He needs to be swaddled to sleep, but when he's up at 3 he's moved in the crib and his arms are out. He is 11 weeks now and sucks his hands a lot. He is much stronger and maybe now he's waking
Himself up? He always did wake me up kind of fussing at 3/4 but never did wake up and fell back asleep until 5 or 6. I'm just wondering because when he wakes up he's like flailing and last time I got up and rocked him a minute and he was out again and slept with me in my bed.

Re: Sleeping

• I would assume he is waking himself up with all the movement. I'm guessing if you left him, he'd probably return to sleep himself. Maybe he is getting so involved in fighting the swaddle to get his hands out that he wakes up? My LO also went through a period like that when she was sick: had been sleeping from 9-6 and suddenly started waking up at 3 or 4. A few days later, she started with cold symptoms.
  • My LO is 11 weeks also and is doing the same thing... Hopefully he's not getting sick. I read that 11-12weeks or so there is a growth spurt. I hoping its that and his sleep will return to normal soon. I think part of why he wakes up is that he moves himself in his crib until he's against the side of it.