June 2015 Moms

Crazy Nesting Activities

Re: Crazy Nesting Activities

• Anyone still have enough energy to nest?

I miss my old soap-obsessed self!! Where did it go???
  • Loading the player...
  • @Westypet I'm lucky if I suds up my hands with the gain dish detergent while doing something in the kitchen. It's gone for me too!! Back to the Kindle & Netflix for now.
  • @Westypet I'm lucky if I suds up my hands with the gain dish detergent while doing something in the kitchen. It's gone for me too!! Back to the Kindle & Netflix for now.

It's so sad. I feel like a part of me has slipped away... lol.

@Sparklydelite -you go girl!
  • noticed one of the bulbs in the bathroom was out.. so i decided to change it.. and as i unscrewed it.. it broke. so that ends that "nesting" spree.
  • noticed one of the bulbs in the bathroom was out.. so i decided to change it.. and as i unscrewed it.. it broke. so that ends that "nesting" spree.

Pregnancy makes you She-Hulk! Rawrrrr! Smash!
  • Deep cleaned our bedroom tonight with the help of DH. We both cleaned out the top drawers of our nightstand. It was like another junk drawer in there! Found about 16 hair ties! DD will be sleeping in our room for a few months in a bassinet so I wanted it to be nice and clean. Plus the dog hair was ridiculous. Which was my other task of the day....I brushed/furminated the crap out of poor Toby. It looks like he lost about 5 pounds. I'm going to do my best to brush him once a week until DD gets here to get that damn winter coat off him. Hairy beast!!

I'm jealous, as both of these are still on my "to-do" list.  I know there is hidden dog hair on the rug under our bed, I just need to get the bed out of the way to get to it, and attack w the Dyson.  My nightstand is still filled with stuff from my wedding (18 months ago) and has been on my hit list.  Even though it is small, it feels overwhelming for some reason because it's so personal.  But you have inspired me!!  Maybe tomorrow is my day.

• The nesting urge is real! My friend is beginning painting, re-finishing, and re-doing her living room. It's my dream! Not because I don't like my living room but because I just want to do some renos so bad lol. Bring on the paint and sanding haha.

Instead I'll just make sure everything is washed in time for the babies to come. Not nearly as fun :(
  • What do you ladies have left to do, nesting wise?? I'm so behind!!!!!!!!!!

I'm doing a white/neutral colored nursery with a Peter Rabbit theme, and today I touched up part of a "Mr. McGregor's Garden" sign that was at my Peter Rabbit baby shower.

DH put together the pack and play, rocker, swing, figured out the diaper genie (yay!), and put together the travel system.

I need to:
    - have the carpets cleaned
    -organize the dresser/changing table
    - organize the nursery bathroom
    - finish organizing the nursery closet
    - set up some "post partum baskets"
    (just a basket of supplies for my comfort in each bathroom since I'll be moving back and forth from two floors- living room/kitchen and then master bedroom/nursery)
    -make some freezer meals
    -clean out/wash my car
    -set up video monitor
    -set up bassinet
    -wash the nursery windows
    -set up room thermometer
    -figure out a temporary nursery chair situation until our glider comes in
    -hang (or have DH) hang a large picture of a boy with a bunny (from my room growing up) --have a curtain panel hemmed and those put up

Not much time for relaxing, is there????
    I wish I could crouch and bend and reach to get these things done faster. Doggone stairs!

Who else has a boatload left to do?
  • Crazy nesting urges yesterday, had a ton of energy. Just felt like I had to have the entire house clean. Today, DH needs to put up the corner shelving unit in the nursery and hang another wall art piece and then the nursery is officially done. I'm overdue so basically everything else is done. I'm going to make a trip to target today in hopes that works ;)
  • Built the bassinet cleaned the whole kitchen deep cleaned the refrigerator deep cleaned my room and organized things organized the baby's stuff too helped with the play yard stroller and car seat got rid of lots of junk in boxes wanted to clean the apt at 5 am lol and then the next day I get lazy all over again
  • zxxiv2zxxiv2 member
    Damn ladies, I'm so jealous! I wish I had the energy to do that!! But after a full day of work I'm pooped! I'm lucky if I can manage to get the dishes done after supper!
  • mellymar said:

@Westypet super jealous of your organization and supplies! Looks amazing!

Dollar Tree has these drawer organizers. I spent $10 and this is like the most organized I've ever been in my life! I rolled the onesies to make more room in the dresser.

I just tried to copy this article:
    https://www.twotwentyone.net/2014/11/nursery-dresser-organization/

Who knows how it'll be once little one is here. But I bought a thousand microfiber cloths from Dollar Tree to use as burp cloths and changing pad liners.

I'm nervous about poop, I guess!
  • Westypet said:

mellymar said:

Dollar Tree has these drawer organizers. I spent $10 and this is like the most organized I've ever been in my life! I rolled the onesies to make more room in the dresser.

Who knows how it'll be once little one is here. But I bought a thousand microfiber cloths from Dollar Tree to use as burp cloths and changing pad liners.

I was wondering about those drawer organizers! Also I definitely need more burp cloths, I have woefully few. Maybe if I don't go into labor tomorrow as my mom and sister predict I can convince the hubs to drive the hour to the nearest dollar tree soni can get some organizers and burp cloths on the cheap
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • mellymar said:

Westypet said:

mellymar said:

I was wondering about those drawer organizers! Also I definitely need more burp cloths, I have woefully few. Maybe if I don't go into labor tomorrow as my mom and sister predict I can convince the hubs to drive the hour to the nearest dollar tree soni can get some organizers and burp cloths on the cheap
    Drawer organizers can be so expensive. So worth it to me to have that peace of mind. They had like three sizes in the home organization/closet aisle. The sizes in the onesie drawer were size B, and the wider ones were size C.

The Dollar Tree washcloths were pretty rough, but the car care section had these shammy towels and microfiber cloths that I think are going to be great. I just bought them in white and washed them so they don't shed.
  • Great, now I have to go to the Dollar Tree ;)
  • I thought the blue over the chair was so adorable that it matched your changing pad!!! Nice!!!!! We used a recliner we already had in the basement. Totally love it. @Westypet
  • Uh, I love recliners!!! I wish we had one in our living room right about now. Are you sleeping in it in the nursery yet?
  • So if you guys can't find dividers....I also saw on pinterest where you can make them yourself by cutting up box flaps and covering them up with fabric. I just don't have the patience to do it lol

And I'm very jealous of your nursery! It looks amazing!! @Westypet
  • @Westypet duuuude...mix up equal parts baking soda & white vinegar, double that of hot water, and a generous squirt of lemon scented dish soap (or pine sol!). You'll want to find things to scrub with this, trust me.
  • Westypet said:

Oh my God...I literally vacuumed my vacuum just last night....
    Monica!!!!!
  • Westypet said:

mellymar said:

I got those organizers too. When I got home, my drawers were too short for them. So I had to cut them down. A little redneck, but it worked. Lol. Can't beat it for $1!