January 2016 Moms
Options

Just approaching previous mc date - nervous

anyone else with a previous mc approaching the wk that it happened? I have this crazy irrational fear happening right now. In February i miscarried at 8wks and 3 days. Just 2 days after seeing baby with a strong heartbeat on ultrasound. I just hit the 8 wk mark today and just having a tough time not getting worried and sad again. I can't believe how much the mc rattled me. Anyone have any advice or words of wisdom for getting through the next few days?

Re: Just approaching previous mc date - nervous

• Options
    I passed one m/c date, but I have 2 more coming up...6wks and 9wks. Totally feel you, it makes it so hard to relax and be calm and believe everything could really be ok! I just remind myself that every pregnancy is different. Welcome to Pgal brain, it sucks! Praying for you!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    svnna94svnna94 member
    I'm right there with you sister!
    I miscarried at 8w with the development at 6w5d, I've been paranoid about it since then as I'm 7w2d now. I'm going in on Wednesday for my 8w where they'll review my blood work and have an ultrasound to confirm heartbeat. I'm so incredibly nervous that there won't be a heartbeat :-S but I'm praying everyday that everything is fine [-O<
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, I had a m/c at 6 weeks last month, I'm 5 weeks now and scared to death, I keep worrying am I doing anything that might cause another one? I was exercising and was intimate with my husband while pregnant with the baby I m/c and even tho the nurse said that doesn't cause a m/c I'm scared to work out or be intimate :( Monday I get my blood test back to see if my numbers are good. Ugh, the waiting is hard but we'll get thru it! I also feel weird because I want to tell friends and family right now, but at the same time they know about the m/c and I wonder what they will think, like is she getting pregnant too soon? Or is she really pregnant? Idk, probably all in my crazy pregnant mind. We're here for each other, that means alot!
  • Options
    I've had no experience with a miscarriage but I can't even imagine what you ladies are going through. I'm worried enough as it is. Sending lots of prayers your way.
  • Options
    Meg0810Meg0810 member
    I have two more weeks to go. I am trying not to think about it. When I feel myself getting really stressed I do some mindfulness. I was never one for doing that sort of stuff before, but I find it helps to calm me down. I try to tell myself there is no point in worrying unless it happens again, but as I get nearer the date I become more nervous. I read a study recently that found women who conceived within 6 months of a miscarriage were more likely to have a successful pregnancy than if they waited. So fingers crossed [-O< . Xx
  • Options
    I'm there today, actually, at 6w2d. It's been on my mind all day....praying everyone's baby sticks!
  • Options
    dana013dana013 member
    I've just passed my miscarriage date. I'm at 6w 5d. I know what you're going through, I'm afraid of everything right now! I'm a runner and haven't ran in weeks. I teach Zumba classes and get nervous everytime I start a class... Just had an u/s Thursday and saw a strong heartbeat. Another scheduled in 3 weeks... Taking in day by day... Trying to not get too excited about pregnancy (if that makes sense). I'm lost and want to be happy. Afraid to let myself
  • Options
    I'm not really sure what to consider my MC date - we didn't find out the baby had stopped growing at 6w until 9+3w, and then a D&C at 10+6w. So I  chose when we found out. It was a serious relief to see the heart beating at 6w, but I'm still so paranoid. Like PPs, I've limited everything enjoyable (working out, sex, planning).
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    It's natural to be nervous, hell downright petrified! We just passed our day yesterday, 8 weeks, 5 days (found out at 13 weeks as doc ignored all symptoms over multiple visits) and had a good strong heartbeat last Thursday. Feeling a bit better now, 4 ultrasounds later, but still nervous. We will both be nervous until that baby comes out to be honest. Just keep focusing on each positive ultrasound and take it day by day, that's all we can do! Hoping you have a much better pregnancy this time!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! Helps knowing that so many others are in the same boat. I am taking it day by day and focusing on the positive. I have another ultrasound next Friday and I am really looking forward to hearing the heartbeat again. Thoughts and prayers out to all of you as well!
  • Options
    I totally hear you. We had a MMC last year - I had a dating scan at 7 weeks and all was fine and found out at first OB app at 10w that it stopped growing at 8w3days.
    We are 9w2days now- had a scan a few weeks ago and everything was fine (again). Have another 8 days until my first OB app and am def starting to worry. I've also had quite bad m/s and sore boobs but in the last few days that has started to ease up a bit- not helping with my stress and worry at all. Hoping it's just my body getting used to hormones and placenta starting to take over but there is always that thought in the back of my mind. Nice to know I'm not alone! :)
  • Options
    Had one to confirm pregnancy at 6w and have another one scheduled at 8w for heartbeat. Fingers crossed. 40 and pregnant for the first time.
  • Options
    svnna94svnna94 member
    @chellemayes although it can make you really worry when your symptoms subside, it's actually quite common around 9 weeks because that's when your placenta is taking over the role of the yolk sac and starts producing its own hormones to support LO. Which takes allot of the hormone overload off you.
  • Options
    My second baby stopped developing at 9 weeks 3 days. I miscarried in March I'm so nervous this time. My Midwife is actually letting me get another ultrasound at 10 weeks to calm my nerves.
  • Options
    I lost my first pregnancy in February at 25 weeks, so I'm nowhere near that date yet and what happened to me was so completely random and rare that I can't even wrap my mind around it happening again. I'm 8w1d today and will go in for my first ultrasound tomorrow morning and even though I haven't experienced an early trimester loss, I'm sick with anxiety. I don't think there's anything any of us can do except accept our fear as a natural part of pregnancy after loss, and try to treat ourselves gently. I never commented on any of these boards during my first pregnancy, but I'm finding it therapeutic to come here now and read other people's thoughts and see that there are plenty of us with similar stories and similar fears.
  • Options
    Lots of prayers and good vibes for you all!
  • Options
    MonaLSMonaLS member
    I too am approaching the same time period of my prior two m/cs.  Thinking of you and sending good vibes to you.  Hugs.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    I miscarried at 9w 4d on Valentine's Day this year. I feel you! I'm only 5 weeks along now and absolutely terrified that everything I eat or do is gunna cause another one. I'm praying that we both get healthy babies this time around.