January 2016 Moms

NT scan?

Is it okay to want this scan only because it offers another peek of our peanut? I scheduled an appt today for in 4 weeks but hadn't decided on the u/s yet. My dr said it is completely optional and honestly, the results aren't important in determining our love for this child. DH and I talked about it tonight and he pretty much said it's up to me. He would love to see the baby (he wasn't with me for our first u/s) but says he doesn't understand it as much as I do.
So, thoughts?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie - FiGB
Married DH 11/15/08
Formerly MissMheMhe

Re: NT scan?

• I'm doing it for the ultrasound or else I wouldn't get one until 20 weeks. I mean, it would also give us a heads up if something were to be wrong with our bean, we could be prepared instead of being surprised at birth. So that's an added bonus.
  • I would say do the NT scan no matter what. My OB said even if the results wouldn't change anything you do, it might change some things they do. Like if they are aware of an issue at least they can be prepared and take steps that might lessen the problem. The ultrasound machine they use for the NT is much higher powered and can see things like blood flow to the placenta, there are lots of things that this scan can pick up that are fixable. Good luck!

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

• Loading the player...
  • I will take any and all scans lol!
  • Thank you ladies!! While lying in bed last night DH and I decided that we should do it. Just as you mentioned @designer303, it will only provide more information for the Dr's. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - FiGB
    Married DH 11/15/08
    Formerly MissMheMhe
  • I'm doing it for both reasons. If something is wrong, I want to be prepared as soon as possible, but the NT scan was my favorite ultrasound with DS because you could see everything so clearly and he was moving around like crazy!
  • adcc43adcc43 member
    This is baby #3 for H and I but this will be the first time we do the NT scan. Just want to see baby again. I am at a new obgyn office this time around and the doc I used to go to never really mentioned doing the NT scan.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker