TTC After a Loss
Options

Introducing myself...trying after mc (sorry mc mentioned)

Hello ladies, I'm married for 2 years next month and come from Scotland. Hubby and I had been ttc for 6 months when I had the wonderful news that we had succeeded in February 2015, we went for our 12 week scan on May 4 to be told our baby had no HB and died at 5/6 weeks. Classed as a mmc or silent mc, things I hadn't really read up much about and no one in my family had experienced, so both my hubby and I were gutted.
I was told of a follow up a week later just incase I had my dates wrong but I knew it wasn't. As the week progresses we grieved but come Saturday, we went out to cinema and I started having such severe pains, they became so intense I couldn't ignore them any longer and couldn't stay in the cinema theatre, hubby rushed me through to the hospital and before I got there I felt an almighty gush feeling, I thought initially that I had passed everything and naively went home. However the bleeding wouldn't stop, something I hadn't been warned about and so was told by hubby and family to go into hospital.
When we arrived the midwife was ready to assist and had sad I was losing a lot of blood, they would normally leave you be they said but we're concerned so before I was rushed in for a d&c she inspected my uterus and it was so uncomfortable, felt like someone tugging my insides out (sorry tmi) they removed the baby which I saw but as it was only 5/6 weeks I couldn't see much at all thankfully.
After my d&c the contraction pains (something else I was never pre-warned I'd experience) had gone.
The one thing that really upset me so much was I had to stay the night at the hospital in the maternity ward and hearing a baby crying in the background was so bittersweet.
This was my first pregnancy and although personally it was a traumatic experience just with all the blood loss, etc. it's surprised me to learn that ALOT of other women and friends have experienced this, I had no idea and just wanted to say you are all brave, I admire your strength through this most difficult and heart breaking time.
What has encouraged me though is experiences of ones who have gone on to have a healthy pregnancy and baby, it gives me hope. So 3 weeks after my d&c we are trying again to fall pregnant. I hope I haven't upset or offended anyone with this post, just wanted to say hello and hope if any others are trying that it happens soon and all goes well as I hope I fall pregnant soon too. Would be nice to chat to any who are trying too after a mc.

Re: Introducing myself...trying after mc (sorry mc mentioned)

• Options
    I also found out may 4 at my 13 week appointment that baby had stopped growing at 10ish weeks. There are quite a few November 2015 moms here. Sorry you are joining us, but welcome.
  • Options
    I am so sorry you have gone through this too, my heart goes out to you. It is sad how many are, your right. I'm just finding it a bit hard too as my nephew's fiancé is pregnant and due the time I was due in November, so going to be having them round in 2 weeks time, I know I am going to cry at some point initially, but I am so happy that her pregnancy is going so well.
    Thanks again @rachrobertson
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry you had to go thru that. I also lost my baby last Friday we are gonna start trying soon and keeping hope high that we get pregnant within the first couple of months. :)
  • Options
    Hope it's ok that I clicked "love it" @fairgirl86 I just think that's great to stay positive, through such a hard time. That's exactly how I feel also though, keep trying :)
  • Options
    @CharrooH it's about all you can do, it sucks but I just think you have to stay as positive as possible. I'm hoping maybe by my birthday I'll be pregnant which is June 28th only time will tell it would be pretty awesome. If not we just keep trying :)
  • Options
    I hope it happens @fairygirl86 as we too are trying and hoping to get a bfp before end of June. I'm not testing when I'm ovulating, just going going with the plan of trying every other day until either AF shows up or hopefully not, again not sure when that will happen either, but what I found out recently was my mc happened the weekend I would have been due my AF if I hadn't been pregnant. I thought that was a bit random, not sure if that's happened to others, but if so my next AF is due on my 2nd year Wedding Anniversary 8 June :/
  • Options
    Welcome, @CharrooH. I'm sorry for your loss. I was also due in November and had a missed miscarriage. We've started TTC again this month, but my bbt chart and opks aren't matching up, so I don't know how successful we'll be. I'll be 37 on June 18th, so like @fairygirl86, I was really hoping to get a BFP before my birthday. We're trying for our first (and then hopefully a second), and at my age, I don't have time to lose.

I saw that you are from Scotland. My husband is from Ireland. We live in Florida, though. I've been to Ireland twice and would love to go to Scotland.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options
    Hi @CarrieandRoy firstly just want to say I am so sorry for your loss and send you lots of hugs.
    I haven't been reading my temp and checking when ovulating as I thought it would be messed up. I did however do some pregnancy tests just to see if my hcg levels would go down and I got a negative today so hoping I ovulate soon and just trying the 'ttc every other day' approach.
    Hope we can keep in touch and encourage each other as we go along.
  • Options
    Meant to say @CarrieandRoy I've been to Southern Ireland once when I was a teen, it's so beautiful. I'm 32 and like you very keen and hopeful to start a family as soon as possible. Sending a wave to Florida!
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss. I too am from nov. 15 board. This is our first month trying with charting and o pks. Hopefully fingers crossed we find out good news next weekend :)
  • Options
    @CharooH, every other day is probably the safe way to go. Temping/charting and opks help occupy me while I wait and wonder, though.

Good luck with TTC. I look forward to hearing good news from you.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options
    Good luck to everyone here. Maybe will all be in a new birth month club soon <3
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Options
    Hi. I'm sorry for your loss it's a very hard thing to go through. ;-( how are you? Me and my husband have been together over 8 years and have two little boys aged 6&2. We had three miscarriages between the boys in June and October 2010 and then February 2011. They was all around 6weeks, one I think i was about 5. We decided to try for our third baby Christmas's 2014 possibly our last and was thrilled to discover early in march I was 4weeks pregnant. I had alwsys wanted two close in age but due to reccurent losses It never happened that way with my other two. I started spotting at 7+2 only very light brown so I booked a early scan at 7+6 which shown my baby had died just days before I started bleeding at 8weeks exactly. Although Im feeling very scared I've recovered this time but every week that passes is hard like this week I would be 16weeks. We are ttc again now I've had af. Been told I can have blood thinners next time. They never did find a reason why I've lost four babies but it's thought blood thinners may help. Xxx
  • Options
    I could wish for nothing more @bntfroggie hope we all get bfp very soon! A friend of my had a mc 7 weeks ago and just found out last week she is expecting again! I am so happy for her and it gives me such hope! :)
  • Options
    @becca2967me I am so sorry for your losses too! I have read some other's have been prescribed blood thinners and I hope they help you. I have not had any further diagnosis done as this was my first ever pregnancy and first mc, but I expected they wouldn't unless I had reoccurring mc. I think you are so brave, all of you and it is encouraging me to keep positive and keep trying. Thank you for sharing your story, again I am so sorry you have had so many losses and hope to hear soon you fall pregnant and all is well :)
  • Options
    Welcome to the community. I am so very sorry for your loss.

All advice given based on lengthy personal experience.

I am not a doctor, I just have a working medical vocabulary.

Always available to answer questions about loss, infertility, and TRP.

imageimage

• Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. I'm going to try and conceive again as well. I just had a mc and it was my first pregnancy as well... It's the worst emotionally and physically. Keep your chin up and I hope for the best for you *hugs*
  • Options

I also found out may 4 at my 13 week appointment that baby had stopped growing at 10ish weeks. There are quite a few November 2015 moms here. Sorry you are joining us, but welcome.

I, too was Nov 15 mom. Found out April 16 that the heart has stopped beating a day or so before and had my D&C April 17... still very sad and empty and just blah. I hate that we are here :(