Positive Induction Story — The Bump
Birth Stories

Positive Induction Story

I was induced at 39 weeks 1 day. My doctor felt it was necessary due to a previous still born. I was fine with being induced but I was extremely nervous. I was told not to eat or drink anything after midnight. They sent me home with a special soap to bathe with the night before and morning of. We arrived at the hospital at 7:30 and went straight to the birthing suite where they started an IV drip, the antibiotic (strep b+), and pitocin. The contractions were noticeable but not painful. My doctor came in around 9:30 and broke my water at this point I was at 0 centimeters. Immediately my contractions were extremely painful. I requested the epidural and it took them about an hour to get to me and get that going. The nurse checked me around 11:00 and I was at 5 centimeters.At 12:00 I was at 10 and they had me do some practice pushes while we waited for the doctor to get to us. Finally he came in and was ready to get the show going. After 3 or 4 pushes I heard the sweet cry of my precious baby boy. Brantley was born at 1:00 p.m. on the dot and weighed in at 8 lb 3 oz & 21 1/4" long. I find that this delivery was smoother and not as painful as my daughters delivery. With her, my water broke on it's own and I was in labor for about 7-8 hours.

RaiEliJusHell1369E5tI3mcb0110fwtx5815Befito4tbasinski