1st Trimester
Options

Iron deficiency

I'm anemic but I can't take iron supplements because they make me extremely sick. I had to switch to gummy vitamins & it's helped, but now that I'm not getting iron, I'm bruising all over. I'm 9 weeks pregnant & I can't eat meat currently because it makes me sick just to smell it. Any tips? I'm not sure what other foods have a decent amount of iron & I don't see my doctor for another month.

Re: Iron deficiency

• Options
    Have you looked into the liquid supplement called Floradix? It tastes good, and doesn't constipate. My midwife suggested it, and it's amazing. Within a few weeks, my iron levels had gone back up, and my symptoms were gone. I highly recommend it.
  • Options
    g8trkimg8trkim member
    Have you tried taking them with milk or food? If you can't take the supplements, there are plenty of iron rich foods that aren't meat. I ate a ton of spinach and beans with DD because I was anemic and couldn't stand the sight of meat. Btw keep on top of the stool softeners if you're going to load up on iron. Trust me!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had to take them with food in order to not feel sick. Maybe I should try that liquid! And def. get stool softner...i hate iron supps!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker