Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Is my stress causing my problems?

Alright ladies, I need some advice. 

here is my situation: I have been TTC since Jan 2014. I have PCOS, and am participating in Acupuncture for Fertility. this month is the first cycle I have had in YEARS without hormone pills to start it (Which I am ecstatic that the Acupuncture has helped in this). I have started Charting my BBT and CM at the beginning of this cycle, so I can see if I am ovulating and on what day. 
This past weekend I traveled to visit the in-laws (Stressful to the max...but I won't go into that). Needless to say, I know my stress levels went sky high, and I even gained approx. 10 lbs in just 4 days while I was there. 

on CD 21, I noticed some brown discharge in my CM. I had this for a few days, but now, CD26 the discharge is a pinkish color. It isn't enough to be on my panties, but when I wipe it is on the Toilet tissue. When i check my CM, my finger has a pinkish red tint to it from the blood. 

It has been a week now with this going on... could this be due to the stress I've had this past weekend? Ovulation about to start? should I go screaming to my OB-GYN? or just get a pedicure and tell myself to take a chill pill? 

I am new to the charting my BBT, and I feel like my temperatures are all over the place... but I assume this is due to the PCOS... I was told that my temps might be strange... But from what I can recall, I haven't experienced anything like this before... so I am looking for advice. 

Thanks in advance for all the advice. :) 

*Please note, I am NOT asking if this is implantation bleeding, or if I am preggers - I know I am not since I have not ovulated yet.. I just wanted to make that clear so no one sends their attack dogs out to get me. :) 

ME: 24 | HIM: 30
Dr put me on BC pills at age 18 to regulate period. 
<3 Got Married July 2013  <3
TTC: Since Jan. 2014. 
Diagnosed with PCOS Fall 2014. (Not IR)
Fertility Acupuncture March 2015 - December 2015
First BFP on 2/6/2016!

(Typical Cycle length 35-48 days)

Re: Is my stress causing my problems?

• Options
    Meglit89Meglit89 member
    edited May 2015
    What you're describing sounds like what I experience each month.  Around DPO 6-8 I will start brownish pink spotting.  It's so light that all it does is lightly color my CM.  I get that for 1-1.5ish weeks until I get my period.  You could be experiencing the same thing.  My OBGYN suggested I may have low progesterone, which might be the cause of my spotting.  

I would get a pedicure and relax. :)

Pregnancy Ticker

Me: 26 | DH: 27

• Options
    I am pretty sure it's been proven that stress doesn't have the impact on conception that people believe it does.  There are many women in 3rd world countries who are able to get pregnant, and women who have suffered a stressful disaster like a rape or a death of a spouse who have gotten pregnant in the same month. So I would try not to feel worried that your stress is what is causing the issues.

Do you think the 10lbs in 4 days could be bloating due to where you are in your cycle or medications you're taking? Sometimes even travel can make people bloat due to unfamiliar foods or awkward bathroom sharing arrangements.

Since this is your first cycle without hormones needed to regulate it, it could just be that your body is a bit out of whack and is still adjusting.  I don't know much about the medical conditions you named, but it seems like spotting within a cycle is pretty common and normal.

Since you're temping this month, hopefully your chart will help you gain a good picture of what's going on. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you ladies. 
    I am still bleeding, the brownish pink has turned to pinkish red now (But it is still not a period bleeding, only in my CM)... I will be making a trip to the OBGYN soon if I don't see any progress or changes this week... I don't think this is healthy... of course, my body seems to be all out of wacks lately. So who knows! 

I think the gaining of the weight had a lot to do with my food choices of that weekend and the stress of traveling. I typically eat very healthy - low carb/low sugar but high in fiber and proteins. But, that weekend I traveled, I ate what was offered to me by my hostess... which I honestly can't remember a single veggie served!!! Yeah, back to salads for me! 

I am still tempting, but my temps seem to be going up and down pretty crazy... I know I have heard with the PCOS, my temps can be all over the place, but boy, if it were a roller coaster ride - I'd be sick. :P 

Thank you again ladies! 

First BFP on 2/6/2016!

• Options
    My first period coming on BC (took 3 months), was basically one day of spotting.  That was the first of April.  I am now having a regular period.  Maybe it's your body finally regulating itself and this is just getting everything ready.  I also started acupuncture in April 2 week before the random one day spotting. I would give another cycle before heading back to OB. 
  • Options
    If you have been trying since January 2014, is there a reason you haven't gone to a reproductive endocrinologist yet? As to the spotting, have you had rougher sex than "normal?" Spotting can be a number of things, but I've never heard of it from stress.
  • Options
    After a weekend with the in-laws, you definitely deserve a pedicure.  :)
    imageimage
  • Options
    @jnnfrrose6
    I was suggested to go, but when I called to see what my Insurance covered, they said ZIP - big fat goose egg.... so, I have been seeing a fertility acupuncturist, and going about things a more natural way than medications. I am giving myself a year this method, and if I don't see any results then I will go back to the RE. By then I will have the money needed. but as of now, I can't afford all the tests and medications without insurance to cover any of it. 

First BFP on 2/6/2016!

• Options
    Can you do to an RE for a consult?  I saw someone else said on another post, that their insurance didn't cover anything related to infertility, but the RE gave the rate as if they had insurance.  So the RE paperwork would said that a SA is $500, but the RE only billed then 125 or something.  I would be more likely to trust what the insurance people at the RE said than the insurance company directly.  And when you said infertility to insurance they may be assuming IVF (and not covering that), but there is lots more to try before that.  I would try for a consult.  What would it cost you to see, just a co-pay?  I think it's worth that. 
  • Options
    I had asked the RE I was referred to, their office told me the codes they would have to file my initial tests under, and when I called my Insurance company and gave them the codes - they said it wasn't covered. I called the RE office back and asked if it would be able to be filed under anything else, and they had said no...  I am not sure how all that works, so... I felt stuck between a rock and a cliff. 
    Even the small stuff, Like semen analysis and HSG weren't covered, so those together were just under a thousand... but that is for tests, not any treatments. So I fear if I get those, without extra money- I would have to wait months before I can do the treatments they recommend, due to having to save up the money. 

That is why I am giving myself another year, to set aside money for this, so when I DO go, I won't have to worry about not being able to pay for it... 

First BFP on 2/6/2016!

• Options
    Everyday stress is not going to disrupt your cycles...however, putting on ten lbs in 4 days seems a bit extreme.  When we're at the in-laws, we make a point of taking several long walks a day.  Most importantly, it gets us away from them, but it also lets us unwind and connect, and gives us our exercise. We also pack a goody bag of fruits and veggies with healthy dips since they're not available otherwise.
  • Options
    styler91 said:

I had asked the RE I was referred to, their office told me the codes they would have to file my initial tests under, and when I called my Insurance company and gave them the codes - they said it wasn't covered. I called the RE office back and asked if it would be able to be filed under anything else, and they had said no...  I am not sure how all that works, so... I felt stuck between a rock and a cliff. 

Even the small stuff, Like semen analysis and HSG weren't covered, so those together were just under a thousand... but that is for tests, not any treatments. So I fear if I get those, without extra money- I would have to wait months before I can do the treatments they recommend, due to having to save up the money. 

That is why I am giving myself another year, to set aside money for this, so when I DO go, I won't have to worry about not being able to pay for it... 

I would call around to different REs to find out about payment plans and reduced rates.

Honestly, your chances of getting knocked up on your own are slim at this point. Might as well start with the cheapest test (semen analysis and Bloodwork) and go from there. It doesn't have to be all or nothing.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Options
    I don't know if this only happens where I live, but the RE clinics around here have free informational seminars.  If you attend, you get a credit towards your initial consult/exam.  That exam doesn't include sperm analysis or HSG, but it does include some really useful blood work and ultrasound.  For me, almost my entire initial consult and exam were covered by that credit, and that gave me some really useful information (I'm low reserve, but ultrasound suggested I'd just ovulated, so hope is not lost).

Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• Options
    Thanks Ladies, All this info is very helpful. I'm going to start looking up the REs in my area and calling around. I had just went based on what I was referred to - without doing all the extra calls. 

First BFP on 2/6/2016!

• Options
    styler91 said:
    Thanks Ladies, All this info is very helpful. I'm going to start looking up the REs in my area and calling around. I had just went based on what I was referred to - without doing all the extra calls. 

I currently go to an RE and my insurance covers ZIP.  Even the initial consult was $250.  The doctor told me that the HSG dye test sometimes helps a lot and people get pregnant right after that.  May be worth looking into first.  Good luck with everything!  It is so frustrating that some people can get pregnant for FREE!!  Blows my damn mind!
    Me: 29 DH: 30
    Married since 3/2013
    TTC since 05/2014
    05/28/2015 First IUI-Cancelled