January 2016 Moms
Options

Is everyone getting ultrasounds?!

2»

Re: Is everyone getting ultrasounds?!

• Options
    My doctor will not do an ultrasound until at least 8-10 weeks. Then another one at 20 weeks. I was too excited and couldn't wait so I went to a private facility and got my first one today! Found out I'm actually 10 days earlier than I thought. I'm 5.5 weeks according to the u/s. No heartbeat yet but we could see the little blob on the screen.
  • Options
    I live in Toronto, Ontario and I had one at 5 weeks (my first pregnancy and I was having cramping that I thought couldn't be normal, which I was later told by the doctor that it was perfectly normal). My doctor is doing another one at 8 weeks because the first ultrasound was interpreted to be "potential twin pregnancy...). That would be this Wednesday!! Hoping so badly to see the heartbeat of the baby or potentially babies...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I goT one at 6 weeks
  • Options
    I have my first appointment on the 15th June and I will be 9 weeks 4 days
  • Options
    I'm supposed to get a dating ultrasound around 9-10 weeks, but they don't even schedule it until my first appt with the nurse which is June 9. I'll be 9 weeks exactly then. With my previous pg's at a different office, they only gave the standard 20 week ultrasound, unless there were issues. I wish my previous m/c's would get me an early ultrasound. The wait is killing me.
    DD 6/2007
    DS 4/2009
    m/c 11/12/2010 ~ 7 wks
    m/c 7/4/2012 ~ 6 wks
    DD 12/2013
    mmc Baby Girl 7/12/2015 ~ 14 weeks  <3
    Twin girls! 8/26/2017

• Options
    Hi Mum to be 4,
    I also in he UK and I have read so many mums to be in the US having earlier scans than we do here.
    Could you please advise me where you are getting your 8 week scan please or the website?
    I would love to get one at about 8 weeks just to check all is ok (just under 2 weeks to go). Thank you
  • Options
    MonaLSMonaLS member
    I am but I have some prior medical conditions so they want to be sure to rule out a tubal pregnancy.  I had one last Monday or so and will have another this coming Monday. Hopefully we'll see something.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    CeriseyCerisey member
    I'm having an early scan tomorrow morning I'll be 6weeks and 3 days because I was seeig a consultant for infertility as I had secondary amenorhhea after coming off the pill last July and before I even started treatment this little miracle happened! I'm really nervous though I just hope everything is ok! Xx
  • Options
    kmcc14kmcc14 member
    I actually have no idea when my first ultrasound will be.  I'll be 9wks at my first appointment, so I would assume that they would do one then.  But I'm seeing other women on here saying that their doctors won't do one until 12 wks, so I guess I will find out at my appointment.  I'm trying not to worry about it too much.
    Me: 30 DH: 35 
    TTC #1 - Jan 2015
    BFP on 5/13/15
    DD born 1/24/16
    TTC #2 - Jun 2017
    BFP on 8/24/17
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Mumtobe+4 said:

I am in the uk and we only get them at 12 and 20 weeks. That said I am paying for a private one around the 8 week mark it's £65 which us about $90 - includes video and as many pictures as I like. I am doing it to put my mind at rest and so we can tell our children before we tell the rest if the world at 12weeks. Xxx

Hi Mum to be 4,
    I also in he UK and I have read so many mums to be in the US having earlier scans than we do here.
    Could you please advise me where you are getting your 8 week scan please or the website?
    I would love to get one at about 8 weeks just to check all is ok (just under 2 weeks to go). Thank you
  • Options
    Just had our first ultra sound at 6 weeks.. They did mine at 6 because we have previously miscarried.. Saw a baby (so tiny) heart beat 110 per minute.. So in love
  • Options
    I'm seeing a new OB so i'm not sure if I am getting an ultrasound I sure hope so.
  • Options
    I had one at 5 weeks and I'm going again tomorrow (7-8 weeks...they can't figure me out yet).  I've had bleeding, otherwise I wouldn't be able to come in until 10-12.