January 2016 Moms
Options

insomnia during early pregnancy???

Is anyone else out there suffering from insomnia? Feeling drained and frustrated.

Re: insomnia during early pregnancy???

• Options
    EC2016EC2016 member
    I am so tired I fall asleep at night but I'm up around 2 am. I am definitely tired and frustrated.
  • Options
    Some times I can't stop falling asleep others I can't get to sleep I'm 8weeks. It's very frustrating I find if I put some 4head stick on, I find it helps me relax!
    So yeah I feel your pain!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I get up to pee at 2, and can't go back to sleep until after 3. By the time my alarm goes off at 6, I'm so tired I don't want to get up. Then I'm ready for a nap at work around 10. This s$@! has got to stop!!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickersbr>

• Options
    I wake up between 1-3 to pee when DH comes to bed, then I'm up until atleast 5:30-6, and then time to get up at 7:30...makes for a lonnnng day
  • Options
    Yes. A lot of times I will fall asleep early but then wake up way to early; like 3 or 4am. Or like you ladies; wake up to pee then can't go back to sleep. I think it boils down to I just have so much on my mind right now and am thinking about all the changes to come with the new LO. I sure could use the extra sleep right now because I'm EXTRA tired. 
  • Options
    I am finding it hard to sleep too!! I xsnt get used to not sleeping on my stomache but boobs too sore too!! Plus wake up to wee and wide.awake at 2 then up at 5.30 for work! I definately dont have the healthy pregnant glow!!!just panda eyes!!
  • Options
    Bed at 11, up at 2 to pee, l definitely not back to bed right away, once I do fall back asleep it's as if I never fell asleep at all because I'm right back awake! My first doc appt is in a little bit, sorry I'm so crabby doc! I've slept like crap: this is so draining. I shouldn't even b awake for another 20 min and I have been up solid for an hour now. The nausea makes it so much harder to even fall back asleep as well.
  • Options
    Unisom helped me last night so much. I still woke up 2x to pee but I was able to go right back to sleep. It was deep and restful and felt like heaven!
  • Options
    I've been having a hard time sleeping thru the night. Just keep waking up and taking forever to go back to sleep.
  • Options
    I haven't slept thru the night in a week...I'm drained!  I feel like I can fall asleep okay but the quality of sleep is horrible.  I toss and turn all night, have crazy dreams, go pee, back to bed and then bright-eyed at 6am!  I don't wake up until 7:30/8:00!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I wake up between 1:30 and 2:00 to pee, fall right back to sleep and then wake up between 4:30 and 5:00 versus 6:45 to 7:00, even on the weekends. Exhausted is not an adequate description!
  • Options
    Oh my goodness! With my other pregnancies the sleep struggles were a second trimester issue, I barely feel like I'm sleeping at all. I can't really take anything either because I need to be alert enough to tend to my daughter. I had a cup of chamomile tea before bed which is usually my second tri fix and it helped but I still woke up more than I'd like.
  • Options
    I was wondering what was up because I NEVER have trouble sleeping unless I have something important happening soon, but lately I have been tossing and turning and waking up a million times at night. Getting up at 5:30am for work is rough, but at least now I know I am not alone! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have been peeing 2-5 times a night, and each time have a hard time falling back asleep. It's been like this for weeks! The weekends don't come quickly enough...
  • Options
    The rise in estrogen disrupts sleep patterns in some women. Most likely that's the cause. I have it too. I just nap a lot.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I was struggling with this during week 4 of pregnancy. I would go to bed but be up before the sun and had a really hard time going back to sleep, my doctor told me benedryl is safe for pregnant women to take and will help to make you drowsy. I'm almost at the end of my 5th week though and exhaustion is starting to set it
  • Options
    I'm new. Me and hubby have been trying for about a month and half to conceive. This last week is when I was supposed to start ovulating but I can't sleep for the life of me. I'm nauseous all the time and just can not sleep. It's very frustrating to me. I go to sleep then the lightest thing will wake me up from the dog jumping on the bed to hubby snoring. I've been averaging 3-4 hrs of sleep a night. I'm sorry I just really needed to vent. I've taken test and they say negative I will retest closer to my period date though. Did anyone have insomnia as a symptom of early pregnancy?
  • Options
    YES! But i also think that taking a sleeping pill before getting pregnant had alot to do with insomnia early on. Walking and not drinking alot before bed helps me sleep more now.