June 2015 Moms
Options

Just for fun...

As we are nearing the end of our pregnancy journeys, what are you ladies looking forward to the most post-partum? Not necessarily food since there was a thread already for that. Everyday things we took for granted before pregnancy.

If there was already a thread for this, sorry! I searched and didn't find anything.

For me, I can't wait to drive easily again. I'm 4'11, so driving later I pregnancy has been really difficult for me. The seat scooted all the way up and my belly don't really mix well together.

Re: Just for fun...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sammy KSammy K member
    Being able to exercise. I get jealous when I see people out running or riding in the morning. My dog can't wait for me to start running again, too. :)
  • Options
    Sleeping on my stomach ... Oh my :!!
  • Options
    I can't wait to take a deep breath! I always feel winded. And can't wait for my daughter to meet her sister :)
  • Options
    I know it's stupid but I can't wait to have my hair done! I always get highlights before summer and I'm putting it off just to be safe until after baby. That and just two or three sessions in a tanning bed- it really makes a difference living at the beach, just a few trips keeps me from getting burnt to a crisp every time I spend a few hours outside. I say this now with my face looking like an absolute tomato after using 80 proof sunscreen yesterday.
  • Options

I know it's stupid but I can't wait to have my hair done! I always get highlights before summer and I'm putting it off just to be safe until after baby. That and just two or three sessions in a tanning bed- it really makes a difference living at the beach, just a few trips keeps me from getting burnt to a crisp every time I spend a few hours outside. I say this now with my face looking like an absolute tomato after using 80 proof sunscreen yesterday.

I've been putting off getting my hair done too! It's the little things in life!!
  • Options
    coopmkecoopmke member
    +1 to eating without heartburn, or lying down without heartburn.... Pretty much looking forward to no heartburn!

Of course I'm with you ladies on the stomach sleeping! And starting to wear more of my wardrobe, if and when I fit in it!
    IVF #1 September 2014 - Transferred one 5-day blast : BFN
    FET #1 October 2014 - Transferred two 5-day blasts: BFP!!
    << Due July 10, 2015 with our first baby! >>

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Pants that don't fall down. Or even just being able to put pants on without a struggle. Shaving my legs without leaning against the shower wall. Being able to have a glass of wine or a beer on a patio on a nice day.

Stomach sleeping and no acid reflux for sure!! (Funny I'm not even a stomach sleeper usually, but now that I can't that's all I want)
  • Options
    ksimo6 said:

How are we not taking about wine? And mojitos? And sangria? I look forward to the mobility again... Yes, but really only so I can go get my wine.

And margaritas!

But if I had to I could give it all up for just wine.
  • Options
    FRUIT, FRUIT AND FRUIT!!!!! (Hopefully) I have developed an allergy to all fruit during this pregnancy and I have NEVER been allergic to anything before.

I'm also looking forward to stomach sleeping, exercising, wearing normal clothes again and tanning!
  • Options
    Pants. With. Buttons. I never thought I'd be so excited about dressing like an adult, but I am so over the stretchy pants club.
    And getting out of the car in parking lots without feeling like I'm going to dent everyone's door. It takes me five minutes to get out because I feel like my stomach is going to push the door and hit someone's vehicle. It caused a lot of anxiety. I'm ready to just jump out and fun like a normal sized human, again.
  • Options
    bobjo31bobjo31 member
    Bending over. Seriously. I drop my phone or my keys or something every day and just stare at whatever it is for a few seconds before sadly going for it. It's such a big task to get boots on or tie shoes or pick up laundry (that no one can seem to find the dirty clothes hamper for). I just want to be able to bend! Haha!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Do drinks count as food?

WINE. ESPRESSO.

Also, stomach sleeping and yesssss @serenamarr ! My husband knows I've been dying to get my hair done again so for mother's day I got a gift card to my salon to get it done after LO gets here so I'm really looking forward to that.
  • Options
    Baby snuggles
    Bending over
    Being able to breathe
    Alcohol
    Getting my bladder back
  • Options
    almakiealmakie member
    I new wardrobe. I live in the same 3 pairs of pants and about 5 tops.
  • Options
    @Westypet AMEN. I cannot wait until I am back to not caring about being messy. DH is dreading it.
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    I'm with the booze!!! My MIL said she would bring some to me in a sippy cup, ha!! Oh yes, I can wait to wear normal clothes again.
  • Options
    Westypet said:

Being a dirty, dirty girl again! No more obsessive cleaning!

"Cleaning" Pssht ;)
  • Options
    Sex. And stomach sleeping, but mostly sex. DH has been reluctant to even touch me through this whole thing. I got put in pelvic rest early in my pregnacy and then once I started showing he got all weirded out. I haven't been in the mood either, so, I can't wait to feel sexy again.
  • Options
    I'm actually sad about having to wait for at least 6 weeks to have sex again. 38wks and DH and I have sex daily. Is that even normal?