June 2015 Moms

need a laugh

What's made you laugh this week? Something funny someone said, a meme or GIF? We could all use a laugh, come on!

Re: need a laugh

• They look delicious though!!! Oh yum
  • Loading the player...
  • Maybe change one into the unpopular opinion thread? We havent had that in a few weeks? Random thought...
  • ngaines27 said:

My 6 year old lost her 1st tooth Tuesday evening. She asked us to call the news because "this is a very important event, mom."

This is so cute! Haha I lost it giggling when I read this. Had to show hubby.
  • Westypet said:

ngaines27 said:

My 6 year old lost her 1st tooth Tuesday evening. She asked us to call the news because "this is a very important event, mom."

This is so cute! Haha I lost it giggling when I read this. Had to show hubby.
    DH and I both laughed so much when she said it.
  •  'GET OFF YOUR KNEES, REF! YOU'RE BLOWING THE GAME!' 
    Bwahahahahaha! =))
    That one was great!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • mellymar said:

'GET OFF YOUR KNEES, REF! YOU'RE BLOWING THE GAME!' 
    Bwahahahahaha! =))
    That one was great!
    I think the one about the boy slapping the woman's butt and saying "thanks for the cake, babe" is my favorite! Although if any son of mine did that I'd have to stifle the laughter and very sternly tell him that is NOT ok haha
  • klkonwi said:

I say the F word when I'm frustrated.......... And I realllly need to stop. My baby might possibly already think that's his name........
    Am I a bad mom? Crap.

Ooh I do that too. Especially when I'm driving. Or if I hurt myself by accident.
  • KaLikeAWindKaLikeAWind member
    edited May 2015
    The reason why the ref one was so funny to me is cause DH gets irrationally overblown irate over sports. It could be comical if I wasn't SO tired of it. This hockey and football season has been full of me reminding him that he needs to slow his roll because kids imitate their parents and when our kid throws a huge tantrum in public its totally going to be on him.

As for myself... One of my favorite ways to express any kind of negative emotion - from mild disappointment to outright dismay - is saying "Balls". Since I use it for ANY even slightly negative emotion, I use it ALL THE TIME. I also use "Burn me". Which is not as bad, but could totally be taken out of context. I'm a big fan of the F word, too, but have been trying to only use it in print as a substitute for not using it aloud

ETA - I am NOT mentioning that ref blowing the game saying to DH. He would totally use it
  • hoodoll82 said:

The lore is I learned to swear by driving with my mom when I was 2 or whatever. I started yelling at other drivers! PS DH and I are so in trouble! We also say mean things to our cat a lot (lovingly) like call him a fatty. I do know we need to cut that out! :)

Ha! We still call our black cat "Fat Man" even tho he is now slim with old age. Or "Old Man". And we have a saying when they are being obnoxious - "Boy! I'm gonna smack the black off you!" (Of course we never hit our cats, but its become our way to affectionately tell them we're quite frustrated with them)