August 2015 Moms
Options

Pathetic Pregnancy Moments

2»

Re: Pathetic Pregnancy Moments

• Options

@GirlOnTheBeach totally justifiable pregnancy breakdown moment. Sorry you have had such a rough week and I'm sorry your friend was so inconsiderate especially during such an emotional time. >>hugs<<</p>

Thanks @breezymeema7, I would normally not let things get to me but I seem to be feeling those emotions extra strong this week and I'm blaming it on the hormones...
  • Options
    amorgan71313amorgan71313 member
    edited May 2015
    I bought a groupon for a mani/pedi/reflexology foot massage this week. I had never been to this particular spa but was so excited for a nice relaxing afternoon of pampering my swollen feet and to have my toes looking nice for my baby shower this weekend! Well, the women who was doing my mani/pedi (who I'm sure was really very sweet) would not shut up the entire time, all I wanted to do was close my eyes and relax. To top it off they didn't use UV lights to dry the nail polish so even after sitting for what felt like an hour listening to this girl blabber on I STILL smudged my big toe nail withing an hour of leaving the salon. I came home crying to my husband about the fact that I just spent money to relax and all I got was a bad mani/pedi and hardly any foot massage! I still can't believe how spoiled I acted to cry over a bad mani/pedi. My poor husband who hates to give massages even offered to try to re-paint my nails and give me a foot massage, which was so sweet but I was so pouty I declined. It still makes me mad everytime I look at my smudged big toe though!! To add to my poutiness they did not have the perfect shade of pink nail polish I was looking for which was infuriating at the time.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    chavemann10chavemann10 member
    edited May 2015
    Every time I lay in bed, I feel like Jim Carrey when he doesn't want to get out of bed...except mine is frustration from not being able to get comfortable!!  UGH!!

Edit - because I don't know why computer won't play the gif.  UGH!!  

Cody Lane - 4/22/2004
    Colten James - 9/9/2005

Isabella Ann - 7/20/2012

SURPRISE!!!  Emma Leigh - due 8/27/2015 (c-section date 8/7/2015)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I really haven't had many bad moments, but this past week at work every time my boss starts going on about something he needs changed or an employee that he has issues with, I have been taking it completely personal and broke down crying twice now.  It's extremely embarrassing to say the least.  
  • Options
    I've had two issues with Wendys. First, one time I asked hubby to bring me a Caesar salad from there. He came home with one of the little side salads and I'm not sure if it was his fault or theirs, but I was really pissed off over a stupid salad.

Second, they still aren't carrying their freaking milkshakes. Who the hell isnt selling milkshakes during summer?! I've been dying for one of their strawberry shakes forever!
  • Options
    I was watching "Deal or No Deal" and any time the contestant opened a good box and got excited, I cried tears of joy for them. Every. Single. Time.
  • Options
    I raged and cried at my husband because he bought me the wrong shaped ice cubes from the freezer. I asked him to stick some ones in the freezer in the nice soft edged silicone tray but instead he put them in the rock hard pointy edged tray. Got really pissed off when he told me to get a grip although that's what I told him to tell me right at the beginning of the pregnancy if I ever threw a wobbler. Poor bloke. What's happened to me?
  • Options
    @abmommy15. Does your husband give lessons in logic?!

DH gets frustrated with non-pregnant me because I don't show enough emotion. The upside for him is that I am usually the logical one and don't get upset easily. Well, we've had 2 arguments in the last week over trivial things. Granted we are both blaming each other, and my Pregnesia probably has some root to the cause, but I maintain my position that he's as much to blame as me. Why in God's name do I not get a free pass due to hormones!! Suck it up for 9 weeks dude! Lord knows I do for your emotional rants every other day of every other year.

I had a mini breakdown with my friends because we can't seem to name this girl. Not that I liked their suggestions... What did I expect?
  • Options

Can worlds worst mommy go into this category?  My DD who is almost 3 (end of July) has been doing so great with her potty training except when she is sleeping so she is still wearing a pull-up at night.  Anyways, this last week she has had 4 accidents at school and like 6 at home.  Yesterday she had 3 and by the 3rd one, I lost it.  I spanked her hiney and told her that only babies pee pee in their pants and that she needed to wear a diaper.  I then proceeded to put a diaper on her that I had from before she was potty trained. She cried and cried about not wanting to wear it and then I sent her to bed with it on.  About 15mins later she had fallen asleep and I had calmed down and come to my senses and went to her room and balled laying in bed beside her because I know she isn't doing it to be spiteful and I felt like the worlds worst mother.  I eventually picked her up, changed her into her pull-up and carried her into my room to sleep with me because I felt HORRIBLE!  I still feel horrible about it today.  I'm thinking of getting her an ice cream cone when I pick her up from day care.  Not because she remembers last night, but because my guilt is so bad!  I've been so upset by this today that I've literally broken down and cried 4 times already and my boss thinks I'm nuts.  So while it's not a "pathetic pregnancy" moment, it's definitely a "pathetic mommy" moment.  Yep...I'm off to cry another time now...

This sort of thing happens to me a lot! Get angry at toddler for being a toddler, shout or smack, feel like awful human being, cry, beat self up etc etc. Try to think about it in terms that you're doing a great job 99% of the time and it's only 1% of the time you lose your shit. We tend to focus so much on our shortcomings!
  • Options
    @chavemann10 I had that exact moment while potty training my youngest. It's so frustrating because you're like "why don't you get it?" But then you remember that they are still so little. Big hugs! DD1 was potty trained when she turned 2 but couldn't hold her bladder at night until just after her 3rd birthday. She is a really heavy sleeper and wouldn't wake when the urge to pee hits. Your DD will get there, it just may take a bit longer to figure out, especially the nights.
  • Options
    @chavemann10 I had that exact moment while potty training my youngest. It's so frustrating because you're like "why don't you get it?" But then you remember that they are still so little. Big hugs! DD1 was potty trained when she turned 2 but couldn't hold her bladder at night until just after her 3rd birthday. She is a really heavy sleeper and wouldn't wake when the urge to pee hits. Your DD will get there, it just may take a bit longer to figure out, especially the nights.
    It was NOT one of my finer moments.  I have potty trained 2 boys just fine, and she honestly does amazing most of the time so I have no idea why I snapped like that.  I guess I let my frustration get the best of me. She has not worn a pull-up or diaper since her 2nd birthday except at night, so I am truly very proud of her.  I spoiled her a bit yesterday to make myself feel better...but it didn't work.  I still don't feel like a good mom after that.  I told DH he has to be the buffer from now on, I don't want my crazy hormonal self going off on the kids like that at all!  Oh, and she is an extremely heavy sleeper (when she sleeps), so I'm okay with bed time accidents for now.  

Cody Lane - 4/22/2004
    Colten James - 9/9/2005

Isabella Ann - 7/20/2012

SURPRISE!!!  Emma Leigh - due 8/27/2015 (c-section date 8/7/2015)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    excited for my doctor's appt tomorrow because its not till 9:00am (work starts at 8:00am and I have to leave by 7:00am each morning to get there) which means - extra sleep for me. 

pathetic i know.