TTC After a Loss
Options

8 weeks after d&c, still no AF

I am 55 days post d&c and still no sign of AF... I'm getting seriously concerned about how long it's taking. It seems like everyone else here got theirs around 4-6 weeks, anyone else take this long? I am so ready to move on and start trying again, but apparently my body isn't. :(

Re: 8 weeks after d&c, still no AF

• Options
    My doctor told me to call if it has been 8 weeks with so AF. Did yours tell you when to be concerned? Even if mine did take more than 8 weeks, I wouldn't be surprised if they had me wait a little longer before checking anything.
  • Options
    Mine also told me that if I didn't have AF by 8wks that I should call.  I'm sorry you are still waiting :-(
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    hello and I'm sorry for your loss. I am new to this board. I had a D&C at 10 weeks last September and finally feel ready to TTC again. I did not get my first AF until December. I required Provera for 10 days. It brought on my period, and I have been ovulating since with 6 week cycles. I would call your doctor to see if that's an option for you. Good luck! I know the waiting is very frustrating.
  • Options
    Once my hcg levels hit 0, my doctor said it could take 4-6 weeks until my period comes. It took 5 weeks for my levels to go back to normal, and now I have to wait another month or so...you think she would have told me this in the first place. I'm just concerned it won't come back by then either. I had cramping like my period was coming exactly 4 weeks post d&c, and today 8 weeks after, I have more cramping but no AF. It seems like everyone on this board and the miscarriage board got their period within 4-6 weeks, and I'm some kind of freak taking forever...like my body is trying but it's not working.
  • Options
    I had a horrible cramping sensation just before my period came, so much so that I went to the doctor because I thought something was wrong.  It felt like I got punched in the stomach almost.  I hope it comes for you soon.  My cousin was on the Infertility boards and she said when someone was wanting to get their AF they would pass them the voodoo tampon in the hopes of getting good AF juju.  She passed it to me through text message so I'm going to pass it to you.  "I pass you the voodoo tampon"

Keep us updated, we will all celebrate with you when she gets here.
  • Options
    I understand the feeling. I couldn't wait to just get back to some sort of normal. I felt like it would never come again but my doctor assured me this does happen and sometimes your body needs to be "kick started" hence the Provera. I now have regular cycles for the first time in my life. Call your doc.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    oohlivia said:
    Once my hcg levels hit 0, my doctor said it could take 4-6 weeks until my period comes. It took 5 weeks for my levels to go back to normal, and now I have to wait another month or so...you think she would have told me this in the first place. I'm just concerned it won't come back by then either. I had cramping like my period was coming exactly 4 weeks post d&c, and today 8 weeks after, I have more cramping but no AF. It seems like everyone on this board and the miscarriage board got their period within 4-6 weeks, and I'm some kind of freak taking forever...like my body is trying but it's not working.
    Not a freak! It really happens to more women than you might think. Sometimes the extra delay is just the body taking it's own time returning to cycles. There have been women coming through this community over the years that have taken 6 months to return to having a cycle on its own unaided. Others, it was a sign of retained tissue and further testing and treatment was required to get a cycle rolling again. This is why most doctors ask you to call if you haven't had a cycle return by eight weeks. But, don't think you are some kind of freak. This is a really shitty think that's happened to you, and the road to where you want to go may be hard, but you aren't alone.

All advice given based on lengthy personal experience.

I am not a doctor, I just have a working medical vocabulary.

Always available to answer questions about loss, infertility, and TRP.

imageimage

• Options
    Thanks for all of your responses. I had a ton of awful cramps all day yesterday, really thought it would come but I woke up today feeling fine. I called my doctor, she said if AF doesn't come in 6 weeks, to call again. So frustrating because it seems like my body is really trying but nothing is happening. 
  • Options
    kimey1kimey1 member
    Hang in there @oohlivia
  • Options
    bntfroggiebntfroggie member
    edited May 2015
    Sorry you didn't get the greatest response from the doctor, but at least now you have an end date.