June 2015 Moms

All NEW pregnancy would you rather

klkonwiklkonwi member
edited May 2015 in June 2015 Moms
1) would you rather be on TLC show "I didn't know I was pregnant" or "sex sent me to the ER ?"
Both are extremely embarrassing.

2) would you rather be caught having sex by your MIL or your grandmother ?

3) would you rather have the cast of pitch perfect singing directly at you your whole delivery (legs wide open style) or Ryan Seacrest broadcasting the entire delivery in that ridiculous voice of his to you and a radio out to your fam in the waiting room ......

4) would you rather have your MIL stay with you to help with baby for 6 months or your FIL just hanging on your couch and eating up all your snacks for 6 months ? (This question is amazing bcuz it depends on how these ppl are! Excited for funny answers)

Re: All NEW pregnancy would you rather

• Eee this is tough..

Didn't know pregnant

MIL (it's happened long ago )

Ryan.. Although I'd be so irritated

FIL.. I'd make him at least pay his way
  • Loading the player...
  • klkonwiklkonwi member
    Oh please share the mil walking in on you story if it's good!!!!!!!
  • ElRubyElRuby member
    1. Didn't know I was pregnant... Totally possible to be there for some cool scientific not embarrassing reason right?

2. Grandma because she would have no clue what she was walking in on and if she did would be way too mortified to ever repeat it... MIL would talk about it forever.

3. Pitch perfect for sure.

4. FIL... MIL would send me over the edge.
  • KaLikeAWindKaLikeAWind member
    edited May 2015

1) I'm also going with I didn't know I was pregnant. The few times I have caught that show it seems like half the ladies are AMA, and assume they miss their periods because of menopause. I am AMA (tho I should think I wouldn't have menopause just yet!) so I could always use that as an excuse

2) I WOULD choose Grandma cause just - not MIL, ever. But I can't cause they both have passed. So I am by default stuck with MIL L-)

3) OMG. this is a terrible thing to have to choose. I'll choose Pitch Perfect as long as they are not on a loop (repeating the same songs every hour or two)

4) FIL on the couch eating anything. I love that guy. No MIL anything. She wouldn't make 6 months trying to 'help' me with baby. I'd strangle her first

Edited, my gif didn't work. now it does. No, it doesn't! bah, I give up. Its supposed to be Homer giving Bart the 'why you little!' throttle

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. Sex Sent Me to the ER - I'd rather not be one of those ladies talking on TV about how I thought I just had to take the biggest dump of my life (lol)

2. I have been walked in on by both my MIL and grandma...MIL was funnier, so I'd go with her if it happened again :)

3. Seacrest. At least he's keeping everyone informed, right?

4. FIL. We love him, and MIL and I clash when we're together too much.
  • Oh man these are tough...... 1. Didn't know I was pregnant-actually didn't know for a while with my first because I was on BC and was used to not getting my period 2. MIL- my grandma would NEVER let me forget it and MIL would be too embarrassed to talk about it and just let it die 3. I guess Pitch Perfect? At least their voices sound good together... 4. If I must pick it would be FIL- my MIL never listens to anything I say about raising my kids and just does what SHE wants to do when she watches DD ( which is why she doesn't watch DD anymore!) so I would probably strangle her after a week
  • 1. "Sex Sent Me to the ER" It must've been pretttyyyy good. ;-)
    2. MIL - I've mentioned before she insisted on hosting my lingerie shower. At least she would know it was put to good use.
    3. Pitch Perfect because Rebel Wilson...
    4. FIL eating snacks- poor guy works super hard and never complains. He deserves some time to veg out. Lol.
  • 1) I didn't know I was pregnant - embarrassing, but at least you can have a general idea of what will be involved with having a baby. ER could be anything!

2) MIL. She walked in on a very intense make out session when DH and I were in high school and just walked out, never brought it up. It was awkward that night, but I think we all got over it quickly. Sex would be more embarrassing but I think she'd handle it the same way. My grandma would probably tell our entire family, she's completely lost her filter.

3) oh geez. I'm going to go with Ryan- but anyone who was in the waiting room would not be allowed to visit baby for a good while! I feel like I'd be entitled to extra bonding time after having our privacy invaded haha

4) MIL 100%. I wouldn't be thrilled, but she and I get along well and thus far she's been nothing but respectful towards my choices. Not true of FIL! The man has an opinion on everything and I think his presence would stress DH out even more than me haha

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1) I didn't know I was pregnant - I'm dying to know HOW a person could go 8-9 months without knowing!

2) if I had living grandmas I would 100% pick them, anything would be better than MIL. Although the thought of how horrified she would be is kind of appealing..

3) pitch perfect, why not. Although agree with PP, as long as they're not singing the same song over and over!

4) FIL for sure, love him. And if the pregnancy is any indication of how MIL is going to be once baby comes, definitely don't need her in my house giving unsolicited advice!
  • klkonwiklkonwi member
    edited May 2015
    1) sex sent me to the ER. Although this is so hard because I know everyone that works in ER as well as L & D so ....... Awkward either way.

2) both DH grandma and mom have ALMOST caught us. When he first moved into his house before we were married they walked in on 2 seperate occasions..... Luckily we heard them both times And we quickly dressed in the bedroom then greeted. But they had to have known.

3) pitch perfect but only if my epidural is in place and working!!! Otherwise kill me.......

4) FIL for sure. My mil isn't bad but I wouldn't be able to let as loose around her.
  • 1. I didn't know I was pregnant. I've always wondered how that's even possible.

2. My grandmother. She's hilarious and would probably make jokes, then drop it.

3. This one is tough. Ryan Seacrest. I think the singing would make me crazy.

4. Ugh! I really can't stand either one. I suppose my MIL is more tolerable, so I'd choose her. Although, I would need to be heavily medicated after the first few days.
  • kaila8kaila8 member
    1. sex sent me to the ER because they have pretty funny stories, even though they're embarrassing

2. MIL because it's already happened - actually this is how I first met her.... :-SS She showed up at DH's (then boyfriend) house and walked right in and into his room. Then proceeded to ask me for my ID because she swore I was 16...I was actually 25 but she didn't believe me for weeks until I actually showed her my ID. because of this it also took me months to win her over and convince her that I was actually a good girl hahaha. It's an ongoing joke between me and DH now.

3. Ehhhh....I guess pitch perfect cause I'd rather deal with the singing than having my entire family hear everything over the radio....

4. Definitely MIL for this one because she's amazing and would be SUPER helpful. (And make sure DH was keeping up with everything! Haha)
  • I. Can't. Even.

@klkonwi these are to hard!
  • klkonwi said:

1) would you rather be on TLC show "I didn't know I was pregnant" or "sex sent me to the ER ?"
    Both are extremely embarrassing.

2) would you rather be caught having sex by your MIL or your grandmother ?

3) would you rather have the cast of pitch perfect singing directly at you your whole delivery (legs wide open style) or Ryan Seacrest broadcasting the entire delivery in that ridiculous voice of his to you and a radio out to your fam in the waiting room ......

4) would you rather have your MIL stay with you to help with baby for 6 months or your FIL just hanging on your couch and eating up all your snacks for 6 months ? (This question is amazing bcuz it depends on how these ppl are! Excited for funny answers)

1) sex sent me to the ER. I couldn't imagine being preggo and not known it. I know there is a possibility but I still am so skeptical of that show.

2) grandmother. If my MIL caught us she would probably launch into how we were doing it wrong.

3) Ryan seacrest, I agree he is annoying but I think it would be so funny to have a radio version of my labor. I can hear it now "is baby boy here yet? Find out after this word from our sponsor McDonalds.. I'm loving it!"

4) neither. I would go to jail for murder.
  • mvargas12 said:
     4. MIL helping out for six months. I like her and we get along. I like my FIL too but he once offered to help me with breastfeeding and it made me super uncomfortable.

He offered to help you with breastfeeding?  That is awkward because I'm guessing he doesn't have any personal experience doing it himself....

• 1. Sex sent me to the ER.

2. My MIL for SURE - my grandma is a Pastor. haha.

3. Pitch perfect. Love that movie.

4. FIL eating all the snacks, my MIL means well but she's a bit of a loony tune in general so I don't know that I could keep from strangling her if she was trying to help me with the baby for 6 months.

Also @mvargas12 -  offered to help you HOW?! ewwwww. haha
  • 1) I'd pick I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant because I'm dying to know how it's even possible.
    2) MIL for sure. I would die of embarrassment if either of my grandmas caught me.
    3) Pitch Perfect for sure. Love them!!
    4) honestly I would go freaking bonkers with either staying for six months, but the lesser of two evils would be FIL. MIL is a repeater. She will say the same thing over again like four or five times in a slightly different way. It drives me effing insane.