April 2015 Moms
Options

Sex?! Help...

melmey25melmey25 member
edited May 2015 in April 2015 Moms
so here's my question. My 6 week checkup got pushed back a few weeks due to the fact that my dr went on vacation -.- so I was wondering, do I have to wait for my Drs approval to have sex and exercise or is it ok to do it if I'm passed the six week mark??

Re: Sex?! Help...

• Options
    I would call your doctor and ask... We had sex at four weeks because I was done bleeding and stitches were gone. If you do have sex remember lube for the first few times especially if you are breast feeding
  • Options
    Listen to your body. If you look and feel good down there, try it. But go very slow and use a lot of lube. I never even asked my doctor if I was clear for sex at my post partum appointment. She didn't bring it up either as we were talking about other things.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm in the same situation! I'm starting to exercise today without approval and sex is next. I feel fine and all stitches are gone so why not?!
  • Options
    xuxachixuxachi member
    Keep in mind that they say 6 wks so that your cervix can close completely - you risk getting infection otherwise. I'd talk to your dr.
    DS born 10/25/11 **  DD born 6/24/13 **  DS born 4/20/15
  • Options
    It will be six weeks tomorrow.
  • Options
    You will know if you are ready! I had sex a few days before my 4 weeks.. It won't be pleasant the first time but once you get it over with you will be happy you are back being intimate!