December 2015 Moms
Options

Pickles Help

So I don't know about anyone else but right now I LOVE everything about pickles. It's horrible cause I just want to keep eating them. I even want the juice! FIGHT THE PICKLE URGE HELLLPPPP!!!!

Re: Pickles Help

• Options
    I can't handle the smell lol
  • Options
    I'm like that not pregnant, pickles are high in salt (up your water intake) and help with acid reflux.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mfargliomfarglio member
    edited May 2015
    I usually love pickles but can't stand them right now. I'll crave them but when I open the jar the smell makes me vomit :(

BUT pickles are one of the #1 pregnancy cravings, and the juice actually helps with heartburn and nausea so eat those pickles girl!! It's totally normally to feel that way and unless you have issues with salt and blood pressure there's no problem with eating them. If you do have sodium issues, vlassic sells a low sodium pickle that tastes just as amazing as the real thing. I wish I could eat them because my blood pressure is low and my doctor told me pickles and pretzels are the foods I should be eating to get enough sodium but oh well.

So eat some for me!

ETA: They also help with constipation!!
  • Options
    valcowvalcow member
    I LOVE me some pickles! =P~
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    mmm yes i'm obsessed right now.
  • Options
    I have to watch my sodium, risk of preeclampsia high :( maybe if I only have them till I'm late 2nd trimeter lol.. My favorite topic!!!
  • Options
    Mmmmmmm pickles! GIVE THEM ALL TO ME!!!

• Options
    Oh no I'm sorry so many of you can't eat them!!
    I have always loved pickles pregnant or not but I swear I have never had a pickle so wonderful in my life as they are now days lol :)
  • Options
    The big pickle question, sour or sweet? I can't now nor could I ever handle a sweet pickle. Give me fast food hamburger pickles (they sell them in a jar, I eat them over potato chips every day) and deli pickles especially sour and garlic!!!
  • Options
    I'm a dill pickle kinda gal :)) the thought of sweet pickles right now just made me nauseous lol!!
    I'm super excited I finally figured out how to change my profile name WAHOOOO
  • Options
    The pickles at McAlister's Deli. I die.
  • Options
    I finat just got over my pickle kick s couple days ago I was eating 1-2 a day plus drinking all the juice......... I couldn't stop. That's all I wanted esp through ms... It helped my belly now it gives me heartburn lol
  • Options
    It has to be a dill pickle. Our local farmers market has baby dills that are amazing.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersPregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    taysuntaysun member
    I can't even look at a pickle right now! And bf loves them and has been eating them non stop I swear the smell comes out of his pores! I wish I was loving them like the majority of you ladies!
  • Options
    I craved them earlier on but not I don't want anything to do with them
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Mmmmmmm Clausen pickles!! I can't eat too many either :( it affects my ears, causing deafness and I'm also at risk for preeclampsia :-( I'm so jealous of people who can drink it!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Dill pickles FTW!!
  • Options
    I get the pickle spears so when I eat four of them I can tell myself it's really only one pickle. I refused to give in to the stereotypical pickle craving but if the baby wants a pickle she's gonna get a pickle! :)
  • Options
    mikk1mikk1 member
    I love pickles anyway.
    Now that I'm pregnant my favourite snack is a dill pickle with cheddar cheese.
  • Options
    I have been eating the sweet pickles from the farmers market and telling myself that they have less salt.  I then realized that the day after I eat too many my wedding ring doesn't fit.

• Options
    @ladyblueladybug I loooove olives. Been craving them...with vodka. Haha
  • Options
    nmarieknmariek member
    @BrOwNh2211 omg me too!!! you have to try McClure's Pickles!! I have been dipping them in hummus .. mmmm so pickle good :D
  • Options
    nmonty15nmonty15 member
    edited May 2015
    I'm actually making a fresh batch of pickles today!!! They are so yummy!!!

https://fabfoodies.com/refrigerator-dill-pickles-like-claussens/

There is the recipe if anyone is interested, and of course...feeling up to it.
  • Options
    A couple of days before finding out I was pregnant I ate a lot of bread and butter pickles which I normally don't like and a bunch of banana peppers, now I can't even look at the bread & butter pickles lol
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I can't stand pickles right now but I'm dying for some pickled bologna with sharp cheddar and Ritz crackers. I die.

I can't get pickled bologna where I live, it might even only be sold in Michigan since it's made by a Michigan company but I used to eat it all the time growing up and I would seriously eat a whole package of it right now.
    :((
  • Options
    I LOVE dill pickles but I can't get them where I live. :(( eat some for me!!
  • Options
    Cjaff70Cjaff70 member
    Obsessed with boars head deli pickles!!!!
  • Options
    Can I just say I had a Wendy's Crispy Chicken Dill sandwich for dinner and it was AWESOME!!! Dill sauce with like, a handful of pickles on it :x I highly recommend
  • Options
    My grandma makes the best dill pickles, but she hadn't made any since 2013! I finally opened the last jar, and told her she better teach me how to make them if she wasn't going to anymore! Haha! She did, and even planted her garden full of cucumbers for me to use! With all this Texas rain, they're growing like crazy!! I will be making pickles for weeks!! :) huzzah!

I posted about it in my blog, if anyone wants to see how to make their own. The recipe is on a picture. ariellerene.wordpress.com, I believe is the link.
  • Options
    @koala1107 yessss!!! My grandma used to always have a jar in the fridge. I always think of her when I eat one. Good taste and good memories!
  • Options

Can I just say I had a Wendy's Crispy Chicken Dill sandwich for dinner and it was AWESOME!!! Dill sauce with like, a handful of pickles on it :x I highly recommend

I have been thinking of pickles since first seeing that Wendy's commercial the other day. At lunch today- while inhaling Plucker's wings- I gushed about how good the pickles looked. DH looked at me like I'm housing an alien in my gut somewhere!

• Options
    I went in to a waffle house(I live down south) and order my food and ended up only eating to pickles that came on the side....best pickles I've every had even though I eat them all the time lol
  • Options
    Going to make everyone jealous. My amazing wonderful absolutely perfect boss just brought me her last jar of home made pickles because I was craving her home made ones.

This is why I love my boss she is absolutely the best!!!
  • Options
    lupita99 said:

I went in to a waffle house(I live down south) and order my food and ended up only eating to pickles that came on the side....best pickles I've every had even though I eat them all the time lol

Yup MIL works at waffle house and buys me a jar from there usually ;)
  • Options
    Now I'm going to eat a pickle...I haven't been able to because of ms, but now that it has subsided and after reading this discussion, I must have a pickle!