Pregnant after IF
Options

When were you released to go to your regular OB??

im having some problems with my fertility clinic and I am wanted to get released to my regular on soon. I'm needing accommodations out in for work bc of morning sickness and frequent bathroom breaks and they won't fill out the form for it. When were you guys released to go to your regular OB? I am only 6weeks and 4days. Would it be wrong if I just went ahead and set up an appointment with my regular OB?

Re: When were you released to go to your regular OB??

• Options
    Ours stated they should release us around 9 weeks. They've been monitoring me pretty closely and from what I've heard around the office 9-10 weeks is the norm. I've already set up an appointment with my OB for week 10

8 Years
    2 Miscarriages
    2 Ectopic Pregnancies
    1 Round of Clomid
    1 Fresh IVF Cycle
    1 Bean and 5 Frosties!
  • Options
    Ours says 10 weeks but I think my last appointment was around 7 or 8 with the clinic and when I had questions for them around 11 weeks, they basically ignored me. Lovely.
    Me: 32, DH: 33
    DS #1: April 2010
    DS #2: July 2015 (preemie born at 31 weeks) - our little miracle conceived through ART - unexplained secondary infertility/adenomyosis
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was released at 6w5d.

***SIGGY WARNING***

Our Story

Me- 35, mild hypothyroidism

DH- 29, low count due to a chromosomal abnormality, only option is IVF/ICSI with PGD.

Married 5/13

TTC since 8/13

IVF/ICSI #1 ER 9/14 - 14R, 6M, 6F, 5 blasts off to PGD- 1 normal female, 2 balanced males

FET 12/8 of 2 frosties - 1 male/1 female - stick babies stick! 

Beta #1 10dp5dt 444! Beta #2 14dp5dt 2,340!  U/S 1/5-- TWINS!!!  EDD 8/26/15

"You'll never see the rainbow if you can't survive the storm"

image    image

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Can you call your ob and see how early they'll see you? It sounds like your infertility doc is not interested in your medical issues not related to infertility, so he/she might be totally ok with you seeing a regular ob for those concerns. The infertility doc could still monitor then infertility meds. Just an idea! Not sure if they'd be ok with that, but maybe! A general practitioner doesn't mind if you go to a dermatologist. They just have their specialties. I'd suggest being careful to not burn bridges, but go ahead and push for the care you deserve.
  • Options
    They didn't release me officially until 14 weeks!  I had already seen my OB by then so i think you're ok to make an appt with your OB and just explain what's going on.
  • Options
    I go see my fertility dr tomorrow and I'm going to ask again if they will help me with the accommodation form. If not then I already set an appointment with my regular OB for next Monday in case they won't help me out tomorrow. But we will see what happens. I definitely don't want to burn bridges bc they have been good to me up to this point. I know a lot of it is that in just frustrated with the whole thing.
  • Options
    MiromiMMiromiM member
    edited May 2015
    Around week eight. It was a bit problematical because I had terrible morning sickness arough week 10 and couldn't get in to see my OB until week 12. Luckily my RE was very understanding and willing to write a script. :) My RE also made it clear she wouldn't just leave me hanging during the transition.
    *Siggy Warning*

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    kfb1981kfb1981 member
    My last appt. at the clinic was 7w3d weeks. And my first OB appt. was at 9w2d. I had 3 ultrasounds before they released me. Last one we saw/heard a strong heartbeat and everything looked good
  • Options
    I read somewhere that many IVF patients start seeing their OB before being released from IVF clinic. I wanted to do this as well but didn't find any OBs in my area that would see me that early... Good luck!
  • Options
    I was released at like 9 weeks but I had been going to my gyn for monitoring anyways as I did IVF out of town so I was under the gyns are the whole time anyways.
  • Options
    8 with my first and it may be 10 weeks with this pregnancy due to some compilations and possible twins
    My hubby and I have been together since 2008. Married 5 years in Dec. DX with PCOS and annovulatory hypothalamus. TTC for baby #2 for 10 months BFP on May 29th 2015

imageimage
  • Options
    I had my last ultra sound and appointment with my RE at 10 weeks, and then I was releases to my OB.

imageimage

TTC #1 January 2009
    January 2010 SA results: Count 16 million, Motility 40%, Morphology 2%
    January 2010- Surprise BFP! DS born 10/1/2010 :)
    January 2013 TTC #2
    September 2013 Repeat SA: Count= 1.7 million, Motility= 24%, Morphology= 2%
    November 6th 1st Appointment with RE: diagnosed with severe MFI
    Testing to try to determine a cause & possible treatment for MFI
    CD 3 blood work for me. RE does not want to repeat my HSG/lap at this point,
    but may want to before moving forward with any fertility treatments.
    After seeing the uro, DH is currently taking lots of supplements and clomid to try to boost his count. We will have a repeat SA in February to see if it works.
    Follow up SA numbers are: Count= 4 million, Motility= 40%, Morphology= 1%
    Uro wants us to have another follow up SA 5/9 to see if we see further improvement than we are back to the RE to make a game plan.

SA 5/9/2014 Count: 12 Million, Motility: 60%, and Morphology 2%. We will be doing iui #1 in late June

IUI #1 6/28 clomid + ovidrel, post wash count 3 million total sperm= BFN

IUI # 2 7/21 clomid+ ovidrel. post wash count 900,000 total sperm= BFN

IVF planned for early November- cancelled due to cyst

December IVF #1- 22 eggs, 20 mature,16 fertilized

12/9 Transferred 1 4AA Blast, 6 frosties

*****Everyone is welcome******

• Options
    We are released after our 11w appt, but it'll be 11w2d and then an ob appt on 11w6d due to issues we've had throughout the pregnancy.
    I told my fertility staff that I'd pay extra to stay with then and not have to transfer! After over a year being under their wing, we're a little nervous to move on and deal with new people that can read about our struggles but didn't help get us back up during them.
  • Options
    My fertility clinic pushed me out the door at 7 weeks. Your pregnant and we are done with you, please pay your bill on the way out. Find yourself an OB or midwife as soon as your ready!
  • Options
    Mine said 8 weeks but they have been great. Told me they are always there for me and I have to bring the baby in after he/she is born. Also they already called and talked to the OBGYN that I will be switching to. I'm sorry some of you are not having a good time....happy 9 months
  • Options
    We got pregnant during a break cycle, but my last appointment with my RE was week 8 and I saw my OB for the first time week 9.
    Me-33 DH-36.
    Married 11/10 TTC 11/10
    06/11- diagnosed with PCOS 
    7/11- D&C and benched for a year 
    9/12-4/13-6 rounds of 50 mg Clomid- no sucess 
    6/13- new doc
    7/13-4/14- 6 more rounds of Clomid. 50 mg and then stepped up to 100mg- no success 
    5/14-7/14- took break waiting for new insurance 
    7/14-new insurance= new doc- actually a RE!!!! 
    7/14-HSG and blood test good-PCOS confirmed by new doc 
    10/14 looking forward to 1st IUI w/ Menopur. Blood Test= Negative
    11/14- IUI #2
    w/ Menopur- Blood Test= Negative
    1/15- IUI # 3 w/
    Menopur- Blood Test= Negative
    2/15- Self Benched this cycle
    3/15/15-Suprise BFP on natural cycle!!!! EDD-11/16/15

• Options
    it sounds like RE is going to release us at 10 weeks. Only 2.75 weeks more to go lol
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Ours said 10wks. Good luck
  • Options
    At our first U/S appointment (6w3d) he told us that he'd send my chart over to my regular OB. I wasn't expecting to get released until 10wks but maybe it was because everything looked okay and I was an OOP paying patient. So glad my insurance will kick in now!
    Started TTC 7/12
    BFP on 7/27/12.
    Suspected Miscarriage on 8/14/12 @ 6w1d..
    Ectopic found & removed from right tube on 9/7/12 @ 9w4d.

Continued trying for another year.
    HSG Oct 2013 shows Left tube clear, right tube blocked.
    BFP Nov 2013. Miscarriage at 5w3d.
    BFP Jan 2014. Ectopic- found and removed from left tube 6w2d.

On to IVF.
    Hydrosalpinx found in right tube. Oct 2014.
    Remaining portions of Right and Left tubes removed 1/6/15.
    Started BCP FEB 24,
    started stims Mar 18.  Antagonist protocol. (menopur, bravelle, cetrotide)
    "Slow responder" - stimmed for 14 days.
    Triggered with 5,000IU norvarel.  8 Follicles. 5 Retrieved. 4 Mature. All 4 fertilized w/ICSI.
    OHSS- Transfer cancelled.
    2 Embies made it to day 5. Both 4ab; frozen.
    FET Scheduled for May 20th!!
    1 5ab frosty transferred.
    BFP @ 4dp5dt
    Beta: 12dp=248 | 14dp=648 | 25dp=7,442

• Options
    ambdtbambdtb member
    Had our first ultrasound at 6w 5d and he was ready to release us. He did say he is happy to do another ultrasound next week if we prefer. So we will do one more at week 7 and then I am released to by OB.
    Married 4-27-13
    TTC for 1.5 yrs
    41 yrs old; DH is 37
    April 2014 MC at 9 wks 
    Jan 2015 Clomid, BFN 
    Feb 2015 Clomid, Ovidril, 1st IUI, BFN 
    Mar 2015 Clomid, Ovidril, 2nd IUI, BFN 
    May 2015 1st IVF, 19 follicles, 18 eggs retrieved on May 20, 13 fertilized, transferred 1 Blastocyst on May 25=BFP!; froze 2 Blastocysts
    Full term healthy baby boy born on 2-11-16
    Jan 29, 2018: FET 
    Feb 8. 2018: BFP! :)
    Mar 6: weak heartbeat. :(
  • Options
    I was released around week 9 but had to go back to my RE due to nausea because the OB would not see me until wwek 12.
    *Siggy Warning*

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We were officially released "graduated" as my RE says at 7w5d. Scary and exciting all at the same time!!!
  • Options
    rdocrdoc member
    My re said they would release me at 9 weeks, but I asked to be released early because (at 7 weeks) because I had an appointment w my ob and my re in the same week. Since everything was right on schedule (size and heartbeat) they agreed, also I had a $100 copay for every visit, so at that point it was getting expensive to go in every week! Hopefully they will help you with your paper work or you can see your ob in the meantime