High-Risk Pregnancy

Brown discharge after stopping progesterone suppositories

I'm 36 weeks today and had a cerclage placed at 13 weeks due to IC. I started progesterone suppositories at 22 weeks and just finished then yesterday morning. Yesterday I had some brown discharge when I went to the bathroom after putting in the suppository. This is the first time it happened in 14 weeks but i figured i could have irritated something when i inserted it since I'm close to the end. Well this morning when I went to the bathroom I wad fine. But an hour or so later when I went again, i had some yellow/brown discharge on my pantiliner and some more brown discharge when I wiped. Didn't seem like my mucous plug as it wasn't really thick. Anyone else experience something similar when they stopped progesterone suppositories?
imageimage image image Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Brown discharge after stopping progesterone suppositories

• I wasn't pregnant at the time, but I have bled after stopping progesterone. I'm currently on it now, but haven't stopped yet.
  • Thanks!  I saw my OB yesterday - she doesn't think it's from the progesterone since I never bled while I was taking it.  I think I may have an infection, so they're testing for that now.  Not as much discharge as there was at first, but it's definitely different and has an odor to it now.  We'll see what the results are.
  • Loading the player...
  • It sounds like she's being proactive, which I would like. Has she checked to see if you're dilated? If it has an odor, then it probably is just a little infection that they can clear right up for you. Good luck!
  • I am 1 cm dilated, but have a cerclage in that will be removed next week, so I may have been 1 cm dilated for a while.  She didn't think it was an infection either, but I asked to be tested anyways because I've had BV before and it's reminding me of that.  I expect that I'll hear from them Monday if it is an infection.
  • I'll be thinking of you and hoping for the best possible outcome! I hate waiting on stuff like this, it makes for a long weekend.
  • As I thought, I have a bacterial infection.  I wish the doctors would just believe us when we say something is wrong!  A week of antibiotics (the one that tastes horrible and makes your pee turn brown :().  Hoping I'm done with it before I have the baby!
  • Easy for me to say, but great! At least that's all it is. I'm sorry about the antibiotics, though, they sound yucky all the way around! :P