TTC after 35
Options

TWW Post for Memorial Day

Happy Memorial Day everyone!  Thank you to all who have served and are serving our country!

This is a two week wait post for anyone who is in or soon will be in the TWW. Tell us your symptoms, how many DPO you are, and when you'll test. Good luck everyone!  

*** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 

Re: TWW Post for Memorial Day

• Options
    I hope to be here soon - likely via Provera so I won't be symptom spotting for pregnancy.  Oh well.  Progesterone draw tomorrow and since I know I haven't ovulated, I will start on Provera.  Let's get this show on the road!!  :)
  • Options
    bookworm40bookworm40 member
    edited May 2015
    I'm 4dp3dt with IVF #1. We transferred 3 embryos on Thursday. This TWW is going to be harder than any others. I have had cramping since the day after the transfer and my boobs are really sore but that's from the progesterone I'm on. Today was the hardest day so far. For some reason I was really weepy this morning and very emotional and moody. I'm sure that's from the progesterone as well.
    Me: 40  
    TTC #1: 3 years
    Me: Type II Diabetic
    Started with RE 11/2014
    Going through IUI with Donor Sperm

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oooh how exciting @Cupcakegal930
    I will be sending snuggle in vibes to your embies.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Options
    I'm 10 dpo and had some spotting yesterday and today. I know implantation bleeding is rare, so I'm taking it as not a good sign. I did have a biopsy last week (all turned out ok and my dr said she would have done it even if I was pregnant) so it's possible there's some residual bleeding from that, but I doubt it. Sigh.

I think it's time to call my OBGYN to start upping our game and maybe go back to acupuncture.
  • Options
    I'm 14 DPO today and have already tested a couple of times (all BFNs). I'm on progesterone so feel like AF might not show up as scheduled, although I started getting strong cramps in the middle of the night. Will test again tomorrow and if it's negative, I guess I'll stop taking the progesterone. All my obgyn told me was to keep taking progesterone until AF showed up but I have my doubts about her appearance while I'm taking the meds. We'll see what tomorrow brings but I feel like I'm out of the game for this cycle...
    ME: 36 (PCOS), DH: excellent SA
    NTNP since 11/12, actively trying since 8/14
    m/c @ 7w (4/22/14), m/c @ 6w (11/19/14)
    11/15: Letrozole, Ovidrel, TI = BFP!!!
    Beta #1(14dpo)=349, Beta #2(18dpo)=2,805
    12/17/15: Got to see the heartbeat (105bpm)!
    1/25/16: NT scan = normal (HB=163bpm)
    EDD: 8/10/16 
    8/8/16: Baby boy born @ 12:25am, 8lbs, 20.5 inches
    5/18/17: BFP!!! (11dpo)
    Beta #1(12dpo)=176.4, Beta #2(15dpo)=607.1
  • Options
    10 DPO, Ill probably test on the 29th. Feeling very tired but thats about it. Trying not to think about it too much or stress.
  • Options
    KLake42KLake42 member
    @jilligan14 My RE was pretty clear that she expects the progesterone to prevent AF from showing up.  Last time, I was off it two days before AF appeared, and that was 17 dpo, which is way longer than it would normally take.

I'm 6dpo today, so definitely in the middle of the wait.  I'm going to try to hold out until day 14 to test, but I might compromise and test on Saturday morning, just to see what it says.

This was my second medicated IUI, and I'm pretty sure the timing was good.  However, my LH surge started early so I didn't use the trigger shot.  And after my temp surged the day after the IUI, two days later it seemed to drop.  But then, I've been dealing with some intense insomnia, and got the low temps when I woke up at 4am and decided to temp early, worried I was going to toss and turn for a few hours and skew things.  So either I maybe didn't ovulate (even though there was a fat follicle), or I maybe just screwed up the temping.  I didn't start progesterone until 3dpo.

No symptoms other than what the progesterone is doing to me-- emotional, tired, and crazy vivid dreams.
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• Options
    This was my third TTC cycle and got my BFP on Mem Day, 15 dpo (first time I tested--was one day late). I didn't have many symptoms at all, but the ones I did have started at 10 dpo--tiredness (although not overly so), breast soreness (although just a tiny bit on the sides), and more frequent trips to the bathroom. I did think AF was coming around 11 dpo when I got my pre-AF lower back pain, but it was milder than usual and only lasted a couple of days. The things I did differently this cycle was use Pre-Seed, cut back to decaf, and tried not to stress (eg, didn't bother temping every day). Hope this helps. Good luck!
  • Options
  • Options
    Congrats @amesco47! How exciting!!

I took a test today using FMU and it was a definite negative. Since I'm now around 15 DPO, I'm going to assume this test is correct and stop taking the progesterone. @KLake42 I got AF two days after stopping prog last cycle (just like you) so I assume that's the usual case. It's just weird my obgyn said to keep taking it until AF appeared since I think taking it keeps AF away, although @emsmama15 got AF while on it. I guess everyone is different....

So I'm out for this cycle. Best of luck to everyone else who is in the wait!!!
    ME: 36 (PCOS), DH: excellent SA
    NTNP since 11/12, actively trying since 8/14
    m/c @ 7w (4/22/14), m/c @ 6w (11/19/14)
    11/15: Letrozole, Ovidrel, TI = BFP!!!
    Beta #1(14dpo)=349, Beta #2(18dpo)=2,805
    12/17/15: Got to see the heartbeat (105bpm)!
    1/25/16: NT scan = normal (HB=163bpm)
    EDD: 8/10/16 
    8/8/16: Baby boy born @ 12:25am, 8lbs, 20.5 inches
    5/18/17: BFP!!! (11dpo)
    Beta #1(12dpo)=176.4, Beta #2(15dpo)=607.1
  • Options
    rspalding001rspalding001 member
    edited May 2015
    congrats @amesco47!!! Yay!!! What awesome news :-D
  • Options
    I'm sorry @jilligan14.  That sucks.  I really thought this was your cycle.  :(  I don't think I'm necessarily the norm on this.  My RE told me I wouldn't get my AF while on progesterone but when I did, he wasn't concerned.  Who knows.

I don't think I'll be joining this thread - even in spirit - because I appeared to have an anovulatory cycle this month with my bazillion follies.  I think today is CD 1.  My RE office wants me to wait a little bit to make sure it's not spotting but (TMI alert) I've never had clots in the toilet from spotting, so I'm pretty sure.  Baseline ultrasound will be on Thursday and I'm sure I'll have residual cysts so another month break for me.  I'm going to ask for birth control pills this time though.  My "natural" cycle last month was 40+ days long and came with a nice outbreak of pre-teen-esque acne, so I'm hoping to avoid both and just take the pill.  

Good luck to everyone still in it! :)