2nd Trimester
Options

Don't know what to do right shoulder pain and headache

KateLouiseKateLouise member
edited May 2015 in 2nd Trimester
I've had a headache for around 24 hrs. I talked to our healthline last night and ended up going to our after hours clinic. The doctor felt pretty happy that it was tension headache.

Today it has eased off but still there and have needed to take paracetemol.

I have also had pain in my right shoulder blade develop. It hurts to turn my head, so maybe muscular, although I didn't do anything it just started. I also have pain across the top of my abdomen in my ribs.

I spoke to my mw who said to see my dr in regards to the shoulder pain (the pain in my ribs hadn't started at that point. I asked if it was urgent and something I should get looked at tonight, and she said it depended on how bad I thought the pain was, and if I could sleep or not.

I've had some diarrheoa. I got my work nurse to check my blood pressure which was normal.

So I know none of you are doctors, and none of you can know for sure, but my question is do I go out tonight to an after hours clinic or wait until I can see my doctor (the first appointment I got was for the day after tomorrow.

Thanks ladies.

ETA: the pain across my ribs sin't consistent it comes and goes briefly, but the shoulder pain is constant.

ETA: Update. I went to see the doctor because I didn't want to have to go in the middle of the night. She tested everything, and it's probably nothing but muscular stuff, but she wants me to follow up with my GP in a couple of days.
Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old