October 2015 Moms
Options

Diaper Raffle Prize Ideas

So my hosts are letting me choose the prize for our diaper raffle at the baby shower. There will be 1 prize to the random winner and then I want to do a special gift to the person who brings the most packs of diapers so that they don't feel unappreciated....but Idk what the prize should be. I was thinking for the most diapers that person can get a massage from somewhere and for the other prize an edible arrangement. You guys have any ideas???

Please note my husband and I are paying for these prizes so no burden is on the hosts for this part and nothings off limits...shower is also coed.

Re: Diaper Raffle Prize Ideas

• Options
    alf0318alf0318 member
    We are doing a diaper raffle as well, I decided to make a gift basket. There will only be girls at mine, so I'm putting in make up, nail polish, flip flops, bath and body works stuff, a candle, Starbucks gift card, etc.... That's all I have for it right now, but will probably put more in.
  • Options
    nsaid4unsaid4u member
    What is a diaper raffle? How does it work?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    A diaper raffle is n addition to gift, you ask that the guests bring a pack of diapers for a chance to win a prize. We gave out dinner and starbucks cards, for lack of time and creativity lol. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    CEB37CEB37 member
    nsaid4u said:

It's essentially asking your guests to bring you an additional gift of diapers in addition to a shower gift, in exchange for winning a small prize.

I'm not a big fan, I think raffles are best suited for charity fundraisers.

• Options

A diaper raffle is n addition to gift, you ask that the guests bring a pack of diapers for a chance to win a prize. We gave out dinner and starbucks cards, for lack of time and creativity lol. 

Yeah, what she said lol

one of my friends had one at her shower and she got enough diapers for her son's first 10 months of life and she refuses to let me not do one! I don't want ppl to feel jipped like the prize isn't worth the amount of diapers they brought you know?

The basket is a great idea because I use to make them for my etsy store. Maybe I can do a ladies one and then like a wine one so that it gender neutral....
  • Options
    CEB37 said:

nsaid4u said:

It's essentially asking your guests to bring you an additional gift of diapers in addition to a shower gift, in exchange for winning a small prize.

Some people just bring diapers and no gift, at least at hers they did so that they can win the prizes. I wouldn't care, my son will have all he needs either way.
  • Options
    I had one just with my first child. I got TONS of diapers, it was really helpful. Now on my third child, first son, I won't be doing it. Just keeping it small with a handful of friends to celebrate having a boy.

• Options

CEB37 said:

nsaid4u said:

Some people just bring diapers and no gift, at least at hers they did so that they can win the prizes. I wouldn't care, my son will have all he needs either way.
    I totally agree. The diaper raffle sometimes helps people with a gift within their budget. I've never required anyone to ever bring a gift to any birthday party or baby shower. I mostly enjoy havin the people I love most celebrate a new life coming into this world.
  • Options
    I saw this in pinterest...get some travel sized body wash shampoo, etc with a loofah and on the tag you can write " from our shower to yours". Definitely cute and useful for the prize winner!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @nianicho777, since it's coed, I would do like I did and get a gift card to a restaurant then. That way a couple can use it. Or movie tickets, something along those lines. But I don't know that I would do a gift to "the most diapers", that may make someone who brought a small pack feel bad. I brought a 252 box to a shower I went to in March, knowing that some guests wouldn't bring big ones. I did that because I could afford to, and I wanted to help the young couple who really had nothing. I honestly think the raffle winner brought a small 50 pack. I wasn't mad that I brought the biggest box and lost, but someone who brought the small pack may feel hurt that you give 2 gifts, you know what I mean?

• Options

@nianicho777, since it's coed, I would do like I did and get a gift card to a restaurant then. That way a couple can use it. Or movie tickets, something along those lines. But I don't know that I would do a gift to "the most diapers", that may make someone who brought a small pack feel bad. I brought a 252 box to a shower I went to in March, knowing that some guests wouldn't bring big ones. I did that because I could afford to, and I wanted to help the young couple who really had nothing. I honestly think the raffle winner brought a small 50 pack. I wasn't mad that I brought the biggest box and lost, but someone who brought the small pack may feel hurt that you give 2 gifts, you know what I mean?

Usually the diaper raffle is you bring a pack of diapers no matter the size and get a ticket put into a bag/bucket whatever and the winner is chosen at random.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @danixbanani24, exactly. The OP mentioned something about a prize for raffle, and a prize to "the most diapers", which I think is a bad idea, it would cause hurt feelings. 

• Options

@danixbanani24, exactly. The OP mentioned something about a prize for raffle, and a prize to "the most diapers", which I think is a bad idea, it would cause hurt feelings. 

Oh I actually meant for the person who bought the most packs of diapers so that if someone brought 3, and everyone else brought 1, the person wouldn't feel unappreciated. But I can definitely see your point.
  • Options

I saw this in pinterest...get some travel sized body wash shampoo, etc with a loofah and on the tag you can write " from our shower to yours". Definitely cute and useful for the prize winner!

Cute idea!! Thanks!
  • Options
    I had a diaper raffle at my DS shower... The prize was a $50 Visa gift card.
  • Options
    zaclinazaclina member
    I've seen a lot of spa gift certificates or mani/pedi gift certificates. For a coed shower, I like the restaurant gift certificate idea. Obviously I am a gift certificate person ... :)
    fail halloween fall costume minions GIF
  • Options
    We are doing different little gift baskets for the game prizes like a movie box with popcorn and different candies. One with tea and organic things in oversized mugs. Also another with coffee and chocolate. But for our diaper raffle prize we are doing a mix of things like gourmet coffee, cheeses, meats, and spreads we are having a lot of men bc it is coed and we think this will be the biggest hit plus it’s a really nice gesture due to diapers are expensive