December 2014 Moms
Options

Reflux

Hello just wondered if anyone else's baby suffers reflux my daughter 5 months old gaining weight but still has reflux and doesn't seem to be getting any better x

Re: Reflux

• Options

Hello just wondered if anyone else's baby suffers reflux my daughter 5 months old gaining weight but still has reflux and doesn't seem to be getting any better x

First... have you spoken to a doctor about the reflux? We have tried several things to help but I am glad LO is eating, putting om weight, and finally climbing on the growth charts. My cousin's kid ended up with a feeding tube and "boot camp".

Based on what you wrote.. I am not sure the extent of your reflux and what you have tried in the past. So my first advice is discuss with doctor...regroup and revise treatment plan with doctor.

Test
  • Options
    Ours has it, but it has gotten so much better. She had it right after birth and couldn't keep anything down and had to stay in the hospital for 4 days. What we have done is we keep her sitting upright for about 30 minutes after feeding. Bouncy seat works good for that or if she can sit up in a Bumbo. Pacifier helps. Try to change her diaper before you feed her. As long as she's growing your doctor probably wont be concerned about the Reflux. He might even tell you to put Rice Cereal in her bottle. I would try to only use that as a last resort. We tried that once and it made my daughter stomach hurt. Other things I have heard about are crib wedges that you put under the mattress to give her a little incline, but pillows under the head of her mattress would work just fine for that. Ours is formula fed and we take WIC so she had to have a prescription for Similac Sensitive. I don't know how your feeding her, but I have read that breastfeeding helps really well with reflux. You can also google Infant reflux and see what comes up. But also, it will probably get better when she's sitting up and taking solid foods. You really should still have a serious talk with your doctor about it.