2nd Trimester
Options

Heart

I had an ultrasound at 20 weeks. Everything looked good, but baby was sluggish and they couldn't get a good angle on his heart.
So I went back at 25 weeks for another ultrasound. Baby was moving but not excessively. They were still unable to see four chambers.
I'm trying not to worry. Has anyone else had this? My MD seems unconcerned. I'm going back at 28 weeks at their other office with a newer machine.

Re: Heart

• Options
    If the doctor is unconcerned but wanting you to go to a different office with a newer machine, maybe it is just the age of the machine and this happens all the time. Ultrasound machines are expensive, so even getting one new one was probably a big investment for the office. One question, though - who is making the call about the baby being sluggish or moving but not excessively? Is that just based on what you observed or something the doctor told you? Particularly the moving but not excessively, I don't totally understand that. I mean, what is excessive? If that's something from the doctor I think you need to get more details on exactly what they're seeing that's making them say the movements are abnormal and push to get your next appointment moved up. If something's off, you need to know what's going on. If the doctor didn't say anything about the movements being abnormal, or if they said they're normal, I wouldn't worry about it. If you're just comparing to a prior pregnancy or someone else's pregnancy, that's not a good comparison. Every baby and pregnancy is different. The doctor is comparing to the thousands of ultrasounds they've seen before, so if they say the movements are normal, they're normal. 
  • Options
    It's what I saw. I'm a FTM. He was moving...kicking and punching but wasn't wriggling so much that they couldn't get measurements.