2nd Trimester
Options

Paranoia about baby

so as I said in a previous post I'm pregnant for my first time. I would think that people would lay off horror stories about still births and miscarriages and everything in between, but for some reason they have been drowning me in stories like this. It has me so worried that something might go wrong between visits and that I might not even know it. Are there any signs or specific changes I might notice other than bleeding or pain? My doctors said any cramping that's much more severe than menstrual cramps would be a sign but my period never came with cramps so everything is more severe. I don't know what to be concerned about or not. :/

Re: Paranoia about baby

• Options
    Once you get about halfway thru the pregnancy and start feeling the baby move regularly, things get easier IMO. It's very reassuring to have that constant reminder that a little person is indeed growing inside there.
    The horror stories are an unfortunate possibility, but just try and remember those are exceptions. I'm going to assume you're already in the 2nd tri since you're here- the majority of these pregnancies result in healthy babies. Try and stay positive and hopeful.

BabyGaga

• Options
    I'll spare you my list of personal horror stories and tell you that every one of them started with spotting as the first symptom. When I get worried, blood is what I'm afraid to see and if you don't see any, you're probably fine. Also since you don't have a personal history of any issues and you're past 12 weeks, which is generally considered the beginning of the safe zone, you're probably fine. All the stress is hard on both of you, though, so if you find you're really panicky all the time still, and you can afford it, get yourself a pocket doppler or something so hear your baby's heartbeat whenever you feel stressed to reassure you that your LO is doing okay.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    makeoutside7makeoutside7 member
    edited May 2015
    Hi,

I had a MMC last summer and there were no symptoms of a miscarriage. I didn't bleed and there were no cramps...but there was also no symptoms of pregnancy. I had no MS and felt completely normal...which is also normal in a lot of pregnancies so I was not alarmed. It also took my body 4 weeks to pass the MC naturally. The heart stopped beating at 6.5 weeks and we found out at our 8 week US. I am currently 16 weeks along with my second pregnancy and this pregnancy is completely different. I have been sick the entire time and now I have a bump...there is constant progression. Also, once you pass 12 weeks risks of a MC are much lower. If you need reassurance, buy a doppler to use at home or schedule an US. Best of luck to you. 

FTM due 11/06/2015
    Married 09/21/2013
  • Options
    Wait a couple HOURS?! I am 21 weeks and feel baby being very active sometimes but other times don't feel him moving for several hours... I know I'm just another paranoid first timer but am I seriously right in being worried this soon?

Also I recommend against a Doppler my doctor said the stress you can put yourself through if you aren't using it properly etc is worse for u and baby than wondering.
  • Options
    Basically you shouldn't worry unless your are spotting/bleeding have abnormal discharge or cramping. If any of those happens call your OB. Spotting after sex it is common and normal but if it continues call your OB. I also do not suggest a doppler because I have heard of several people who do not use it properly and end up more stressed. As others have said after 12 weeks the chance of MC drops this is because during that time MC usually means the fetus was not viable and is not because of anything you did or didn't do. Basically get to know your OB so if you have any questions you can ask even if it sounds like a dumb question it is better to ask I'm sure they have heard all sorts of questions.