Cloth Diapering

How many diaper covers??

I'm planning to use a local diaper service for a weekly drop-off/pick-up of prefold diapers (graciously gifted by my in-laws). I know I'll need a stash of diaper covers for the prefolds and I have started to add some to my registry as well as pick up a few myself. We plan on cloth diapering from the hospital onward, and using them when baby goes to daycare as well, so I know I'll need extras to send with baby each morning.

I'm wondering how many covers I will need in my stash? AND how many covers per size - newborn, medium, large, etc? 

Re: How many diaper covers??

• We started with 3 newborn and 3 thirsties size 1. The size 1 worked well when he was too big for newborn and too small for one size diapers.

Check with your daycare. Many won't do prefolds but will use pockets or AIOs.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @Chichigo luckily I checked with the daycare we plan to use and they allow prefolds! How often do you do laundry with three covers?
  • Loading the player...
  • We rented newborn covers from a diaper service. We had 4 of those, 1 size one thirsties and 1 one size rumparoos (which took a while to fit). Our service recommended no fewer than 4 covers (laundering every other or every 2 days) and that 6-8 covers worked for most of their clients. Until just recently, when I bought some flips, we had 6 covers and never felt like we were running out of clean covers.