August 2015 Moms
Options

Husband's new co-worker

To start off... I'm not jealous, just curious. Lol
My husband just got a new co-worker. He said she acts weird around him. Yesterday, he was talking with the guys there about how I'm always right in a fight and he doesn't need Google bc he has me... Etc. Well she joined in and started saying, "Well if I was your wife...." and rambled off a list. He said it was really awkward. Now she wants to give him her dog... Very random. And she gave him her number. It's just odd, I guess.
I'm not worried about him cheating. He's got two ladies to come home to now. Lol

Re: Husband's new co-worker

• Options
    It's just such a strange thing. I couldn't imagine comparing myself to someone's wife like that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If he feels uncomfortable then he needs to tell her. You said "gave" him her number as in he took it? Hmm. I agree with the PP. He needs to set boundaries here.

Also (not trying to be snarky, promise),it must bother/worry you to some end as you came to post about it.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    mrsb30mrsb30 member
    I agree with him setting the boundaries. Was the number for work purposes? At my job I have all of my coworkers numbers, so I guess that part doesn't seem odd to me.
  • Options
    She gave him her number for the dog. So I get that. Supposedly she's attractive bc the other guys are hitting on her. She's the only woman in that department. He purposely brought pictures of our lil girl to "prove a point" that he's taken and excitedly expecting a new baby. He's obviously bothered enough to have to "prove it" and of course show off his lil girl! Lol I don't really want the dog, but apparently she's just going to put it to sleep bc she doesn't have time for it. And I definitely trust my husband. I just don't want some chick thinking it's fair game just bc I'm pregnant. She's made comments to him about it. I wish he just wouldn't talk to her, but he has to bc of work. Ugh
  • Options
    I second the throat punch her comment that's what I would do. Seriously it's good he told you about it but still she needs to step back and leave him alone.
  • Options
    I totally agree!
  • Options
    Seh114Seh114 member
    The secretary at munDH's job was flirting with him a lot and he thought it was funny. He would come home and tell me how pathetic it was. I met her at the company Christmas party and for whatever reason the flirting stopped after that. Maybe you should drop by to see him at work. I think sometimes putting a face to the person helps.
  • Options
    ammc07ammc07 member
    There was a girl that was at DH's job site that goes around guy to guy and pretty much throws her self at them. One day I had to drop him off because he was going out with the guys after work and they didn't want to take two cars. She saw me drop him off and she ran over and hugged him so I could see. DH shoved her away and told her not to do that again. I honestly just laughed as I drove away because I trust him and I've heard the stories from all the guys how something is wrong with this chick. I told DH not to be on the office or anything alone with her because I could see her accusing him (or any of the guys for that matter) of something. That was a few months ago and he's at a different job site now but he heard the other day she got fired because she did this to a some big wig out there and he fired her.
  • Options
    @ammc07 I would've gone nuts! I just don't understand women like that!
  • Options
    Hmmmm. Sounds shady. There was obviously some dialogue between the two that made her comfortable passing her number to him....
    As long as he sets boundaries from here on out! But.... I don't trust anyone 100%
  • Options
    Your husband sounds like he's a decent man from what you've said.. Talking to you about it and being so honest etc.
    If he's trustworthy and gives you no reason to worry about his actions I wouldn't let it bother you. I'd take it as a compliment if anything (you have an attractive husband!) and just laugh it off. She can flirt all she likes, if she's not going to get anywhere then there's no point worrying.
  • Options
    kedbachkedbach member
    I don't know if I'm more angry about her being a skank hoe or the fact that she's contemplating putting her poor dog to sleep because she "doesn't have time for it"... she sounds like a psycho bitch, just saying.
  • Options
    @kedbach Yes! Lol I told my husband I'd rather take the dog and give him a good life rather than her just put him to sleep. We talked about it last night and he said he thinks he got the message across to her. He said he just knew I'd love to take the dog bc he's a dachshund and my family used to raise them.
  • Options
    kedbachkedbach member
    @sjra1028 they're such sweet dogs!
  • Options
    @jenandbrett I didn't even think about that!!!!! Crap...
  • Options
    @hitcj4687 the nerve of these skanks! Pardon my language. Lol. Some women think it's okay and that guys are out looking for something just bc their SO is pregnant. If anything, it's made my husband more loyal!
  • Options
    There was this bitch that tried to do that to my husband years ago, he told her to back off and she did not. So, I had a lovely chat with her. :) I'm not a dainty girl, I can either be the scariest thing on earth or the sweetest. She got the scary side that day. Backed off after that. I agree with these other posters, face to face is really the best.
  • Options

My hubbie is a sweet heart too and has a problem saying no to these women who like to cross the respect line often.  Despite his problem saying, "no" it is his responsibility.  That's a tough one but he has to do it and there's no shame in you asking him to do just that.  There's also NO possibility that this woman doesn't realize she's crossing the line either she's just taking advantage of your husband's kindness...soooooooo many women have done that to my husband and this is where I step in and make sure they know I see what they're doing.  God speed:)

• Options
    My husband works in retail and has changed company's and stores many times in our history. I ALWAYS made it a point to stop by for a visit before we were married just to make sure my existence was known. Our relationship was almost destroyed by a "lesbian" (who is now married to a man). He thought no harm as she is gay, I was not falling for her b.s. He has been with the same place for 4 years now, clearly taken (wedding ring and wedding pics on desk) and a works with a friend of mine so I am not as concerned. It isn't that I don't trust him. He's just a nice guy who could end up in the wrong situation because of it (giving rides home to the hourly's at night type of thing).
  • Options
    It's great that you're comfortable in your marriage, but from the sounds of it, it doesn't seem like his new co worker seems to care that he's married. If your husband senses the awkward vibe, he should trust his instinct. Maybe it's just me, but her saying "if I was your wife..." sounds like she's asking for trouble. Just be careful. Even if when you don't have to worry about your husband, you do have to worry about other women, especially when they find your husband attractive. I've been there before. It's dangerous, painful and can break up families.