July 2015 Moms
Options

preterm labor

aliehowardaliehoward member
edited May 2015 in July 2015 Moms
Hey moms to be...I'm just getting out of the hospital, was in there the last 2 days!! I have a positive FFN and had regular contractions. I dilated 1cm but my cervix looks great at 3.8cm so still pretty thick. They had to give me a shot in my arm to stop the contractions and also 2 steroid shots 24 hours apart to mature his lungs in case he came early. I'm now on strict bedrest with no exceptions...this is really hard for me. I have 2 children and they were full term this is my 3rd. But with this pregnancy im having complications due to my PCOS and type 2 diabetes. Anyone else in the danger of preterm labor?? I'm so nervous.

Re: preterm labor

• Options
    Yes! I think we're in the exact same position. My contractions stopped on their own but I'm being closely monitored. My cervix is 3.8 and I also had a positive FFN. Steroid shots too. I'm 31+3. How far are you?
  • Options
    I am 30 +3. It's pretty rough!! Were you also put on BR?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    hmarz77hmarz77 member
    Hey ladies, I am actually confined to a hospital bed until this little bambino is born. I'm 33 weeks and three days and they are hoping I can make it to 35. Had two steroid shots already to help the babies lungs grow faster and am on antibiotics due to my water already breaking. Just trying to bake this little one a bit longer. Good luck and stay positive
  • Options
    I am 29 weeks with twins and had a positive FFN last week as well, was given the round of steroid shots and cervix is 2.9 cm, but so far no dilating. My doctors have not put me on bed rest though, but I wish you all the luck! I have to two toddlers and I know how difficult being on bed rest would be!
  • Options
    rw3190rw3190 member

Had contractions start at week 26 and have been told to ease up. No more working out. Nothing. Sit at my desk at work and straight home.

They said if I come back to the hospital again before she's due they're keeping me. :(

Take it easy and rest up mama!

• Options
    Yes!!!! I was in the hospital last week for contractions and have been on MBR with an irritable uterus ever since. I'm 32 weeks today 31+1 when I was diagnosed.

It's hard not being able to help around the house and the first thing you notice is everything that needs to get done but you will fall into a groove after a while. I try to remind myself that sitting around the house doing nothing (and feeling bad about it) is far better than sitting in the NICU wishing you could do more to help your baby.

Also on the high risk pregnancy board there is a weekly bed rest check in. I highly encourage you to check it out!

Good luck momma, you can do this!!!
  • Options
    Yes, I'm on bed rest as well :(
  • Options
    Are your contractions like Braxton Hicks or do they feel more like labour contractions? I'm a FTM and have been having tons of BH but just thought they were normal. They're starting to get a bit stronger though and I'm starting to worry that I won't know the difference if something was wrong!
    Me: 24 years old
    2011 dx: adeno carcinoma of the cervix, cone biopsy to remove tumor
    2011-2014: follow ups with gyn/onc every four months
    Feb 2014: told to consider pregnancy "sooner than later"
    April 2014: start process for IUI with Ottawa Fertility Clinic, HSG all clear
    May 2014: blood work, all good
    June 2014: IUI #1, BFP, c/p 
    July 2014: IUI #2, reaction to hormone in donor sperm, essentially body rejects IUI, bfn
    Nov 2014: Surprise BFP with new b/f
    Dec 2014: ultrasound at 6w5d, got to see my little one's heartbeat at 120bpm
    Jan 2015: 12w ultrasound, measuring well, perfect heartbeat
    Feb 2015: emergency lap coly
    Feb 2015: It's a boy!
    EDD: July 30, 2015

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @jennaleigh23, you'll know! They're much stronger than period cramps, and you may have to brace yourself. I've been experiencing BH the past few days. They make me slow down, and make my hubby take pity on me :-D
  • Options

Are your contractions like Braxton Hicks or do they feel more like labour contractions? I'm a FTM and have been having tons of BH but just thought they were normal. They're starting to get a bit stronger though and I'm starting to worry that I won't know the difference if something was wrong!

I went in because I was having pain in my lower abdomen. I had no idea I was contracting...just random pain.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. @jennaleigh23 no they are labor contractions..and yes u will most definitely FEEL the difference. I'm hoping lip baby stays put for as long as he can. @claudia3059 yes you are absolutely right...I'd rather sit and watch my husband rustle everything around the house then watch my newborn in an incubator. .it's pretty scary. Thanks for putting it that way so straight forward!!