Parenting after 35

Just need to vent

So tonight has been a little crazy and I just need to vent a little.  Back story is my daughter has a constipation issue that we have under control as long as she has yogurt or cottage cheese every day.  Well, the past few days, she decided she no longer likes the yogurt that she picked out so she hasn't been eating it.  I kind of lost track of it because my mom (who has lived with us for the past few years due to Hurricane Sandy) is moving because of her job to FL tomorrow.  I was working with my husband in buying airline tickets for vacation, while separating laundry making sure all of mom's stuff was given to her, and I thought by daughter was taking a shower.  After about 20 minutes, I thought my daughter was done her shower only to find her still sitting on the toilet trying to poop.  I have the liquid suppositories and go to give her one and she fights me for over 45 minutes, only to decide to open her butt and let me do it no problem.  Well 2 minutes later the medicine works and she feels better.  During the end, when I'm pulling my hair out fighting with my dd, my dh comes down complaining that it's been over an hour and he wants to finish the purchasing of the tickets.  I give him the hand and tell him to just go because I'm dealing with dd.  After dd finishes her shower, I switch laundry again and then go upstairs to hear dh complain about how what I did and how I treated him wasn't right and how I was rude.  Really?!?  Because fighting with a child so I could stick medicine up her butt so she feels better wasn't traumatic for both her and I?  We haven't had to do it in a while and in the end, when she just looked at me and said ok and bent over, I almost wanted to bang my head against the wall.  To make it even better we are ttc and I'm not drinking so I can't even calm myself down with a glass of wine.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Just need to vent

• I'm sorry that sounds rough :( maybe after everyone calms down you can let your husband know how unfair you thought his comments were. Hang in there Mama!
  • That sounds so much like something that would happen at my house that it isn't funny. Not the poop part, but the husband not realizing how psychologically draining kids are part.

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the support ladies

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Geeps2Geeps2 member
    Ohhhh man I have one that has constipation issues so I literally feel your pain.  It has been getting better on its own but there are some rare occasions that I have to use the suppositories (sp???)  and it is a battle and she gives me the saddest look when I put it in it breaks my heart.  I hate having to have to do it but it is the only way to make her feel better quickly.  

They just don't get it!  My hubs gets so pissed when he can't do what he wants to do on his timetable.  I keep reminding him we no longer own our own time.  Things have to be go wtih the flow with 2 small kids.

Sorry your night was so crappy.  Hope it gets better!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • So sorry. DS has issues too. He complained that it hurt when he peed and I took him to the dr., had to get him to pee in a cup all this and turns out he's just constipated. DH yells at our son because he takes so long to poop. His foot falls asleep he's in there so long and then he cries because it's too tingly. (He's 6) DS eats yogurt everyday and it doesn't help. I give him Miralax in some juice or have him eat some Strawberry Shredded Wheat if he has a problem. I hope we don't get to the point of suppositories. That does not sound pretty! How old is DD?
    Have you tried Culturelle Probiotic Powder before? You just stir it in their drink. We got some for our one year old when he was on strong antibiotics to counterbalance it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks ladies. 

! How old is DD?
    Have you tried Culturelle Probiotic Powder before? You just stir it in their drink. We got some for our one year old when he was on strong antibiotics to counterbalance it.

My DD is 6.  We haven't tried anything mixing in her drink, because she loves to have yogurt and cottage cheese so it's usually not a problem.  Unfortunately she doesn't let me know she's having a problem until a couple of days with out a BM, so by then giving her something orally would take too long.  I use PediLax has liquid suppositories that are actually listed for kids younger, but it still works and she goes in under 5 minutes and usually without less pain then pushing it out on her own.  Also, by doing it this way, there's no diarrhea the next day.  She's learned that if she relaxes and opens her butt, it doesn't hurt.  We also will add more Vaseline to the applicator before using it, and she laughs when I apply the 'lipstick' to her butt that it tickles.  (Don't remember how we labeled it lipstick, but it stuck). 

It's just an emotionally draining period of time and then when the bid kid (aka- hubby) complains that I'm ignoring him it just gets to be too much.  I definitely need a few minutes to calm down from an episode.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I hear ya. I used to tell people who asked all the time " when are you having kids?" I already have a big one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Geeps2 said:

Sorry your night was so crappy.  Hope it gets better!

Heehee. Pun intended?

Sorry. The immature potty-humor part of me found that funny

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

• To those with constipation issues, have you tried the Squatty Potty?

It's supposed to relieve constipation issues by introducing proper elimination posture. It works for everyone in the family because it allows you to squat instead of sit while eliminating. It may be worth a try... especially to avoid the trauma of medications or the hassle of getting them to eat yogurt everyday. Just a thought.
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary