TTC After a Loss
Options

2nd AF after MMC...and horrible!

Has this happened to anyone else? This afternoon, two days earlier than I expected to get my period, I got it...in the middle of a meeting I was holding. I could feel there were even clots! I expected my first period after my missed miscarriage to be heavy and bad, but it wasn't that bad. It was almost normal. But today I run to the bathroom with it having gone through absolutely everything I was wearing, and a huge clot, like the size of the palm of my hand. And now some nice and good cramps. Has anyone else had this happened to them?

Re: 2nd AF after MMC...and horrible!

• Options
    kimey1kimey1 member
    Wow. Perhaps you could call your doctor and ask about it?
    Wish I could be of help.
  • Options
    I'm only on my first AF now and it seems pretty normal. I agree maybe you could call your doctor and see if it sounds normal to them. Sorry you bled through your clothes I think we have all been there :-(
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's so weird because I have had almost nothing since then. Am definitely going to call today. Good luck with the first AF @bntfroggie I am glad it came!
  • Options
    I just finished my 1st AF last week and the first two days were AWFUL. I was expecting a heavier flow but dear lord is was like having a MC all over again, clots and all, which then made me sad all over again. I dread the next AF because i have heard that several AF's after a MC can be quite heavy.
  • Options
    My AF stopped yesterday no bleeding the whole day, then this morning started right back up again.  I'm thinking sex with the hubby last night may have jump started it again.  I know I really wanted AF here, but she can go home now ha ha.  Good luck to you too @oxsarah7ox I was thinking about you this morning I forgot to say in my post that a MC can alter the length of your cycles and your period flow, but I'm only on the first AF after a D&C in early April that was our first child so I haven't been through this before, that is just what I have read online.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Options
    Thanks @bntfroggie. This was our first too, and we went through it at the very end of March. This was a weird one. I just assume we are all going to continue on this bumpy, odd road that WILL just make us stronger with our experiences. Definitely after my husband and I had sex it caused cramping and things when we had for the first few times after. I promise the bleeding slows in that regard, and cramping if you had any. Good luck to you. Will be thinking of you! Same to you @NovemberBaby2 it definitely makes it sad when it feels like you are going through the same all over again, but I like to think that we are going through it because it is making us healthier now for the baby we will have in the future.
  • Options
    I got lucky and had a very light first AF. That surprised me because I bled so much after the d&e. Thanks for posting this, though, because if I get AF next month, I'll be mentally prepared for this possibility.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options
    I had a mc om April. That was my first pregnancy. It was 4-5 weeks. :((
  • Options
    I started my 2nd AF since my miscarriage yesterday. It was way worst than my 1st. It was 5 days late and I had horrible cramps waiting for it to start. Once it did it was heavy, gross with a couple clots. Day 2 its heavier than my usual day 2 but not as crazy. However this week has made me an emotional mess.
  • Options
    kimey1kimey1 member
    Im so sorry for your loss @sammysl
    @cchenal07 Thanks for sharing. My 1st AF has been light but its lasting a little longer than my usual ones. Im so sorry you're in physical & emotional pain. I think I would feel the same since any kind of pain brings me back to the thoughts of being in bed from the pain after the procedure.
    Hope we all recover smoothly for a healthy pregnancy next time.
  • Options
    @cchenal07 I hope your 2nd AF is over now. Mine lasted about 8 days, much longer than normal. As horrible as it is, I am glad to hear someone else's was the same as mine. I was much more emotional with the 2nd AF, because I thought I was ok but it was harder for it to happen again after everything. I hope everyone is dealing well and getting better. Thinking of you all <3
  • Options
    I agree the 1st af you cant wait to get it so it is over. I was not expecting everything that came with the 2nd. It makes me think my body is still not back to normal and worries me to ttc this month.
  • Options
    @cchenal07 definitely! I keep telling my husband that if it's not normal, apparently that's normal. So we are just chugging along. Gets hard but, working on it.
  • Options
    cchenal07 said:

I agree the 1st af you cant wait to get it so it is over. I was not expecting everything that came with the 2nd. It makes me think my body is still not back to normal and worries me to ttc this month.

Feeling exactly the same. My 2nd AF just ended yesterday, it was terrible! Lasted 8 days and pre-MC it was normally 3or4 days. Heavy and lots of cramping... Also worried about TTC this month because of this AF...
  • Options
    kimey1kimey1 member
    edited June 2015
    Eek... Now I'm scared of the upcoming AF... It'll be my 2nd since too..