High-Risk Pregnancy

Time to do an introduction!

Hello everyone!  

I am Erin, I am 35, pregnant with my 4th.  I have had 3 previous c-sections.  I will be 11 weeks on Thursday and have already been diagnosed with complete placenta previa.  So far things are going good, I am just on restricted activity.  I am to lay low, not lift anything, no house cleaning...that kind of thing.  

My other issue is that the doctor is worried about Placenta Accreta.  This is when the placenta attaches to your uterus is some way.  Since I have had 3 sections and have quite a bit of scar tissue, the doctor is concerned about this happening, especially since I have complete previa.  At my last scan, the placenta was close but not touching.  I have another ultrasound on Thursday to check location.  I have already been to a perinatologist and will be visiting him again in a couple of weeks.  

Praying the placenta moves the other direction and the previa I can deal with.  If it ends up being placenta accreta, it will probably mean hospital bedrest, early delivery and a hysterectomy.  

Glad to have the support of a high risk board to share my thoughts and worries with!      
Erin

Mom to 3 Boys (Ages 10, 8 & 3)

Mom to 3 Angels

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Time to do an introduction!

• kamio92kamio92 member
    Oh sweet! Think ing if you and your bubba!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!. I've been on bed rest on and off since 16 weeks. I'm 30 weeks now.

I'm high risk for growth restriction - already seeing signs in bubs growth and have an irritable uterus.

Stay strong and rest well!!
    [color=purple]Married July 2014[/color]
    [color=pink]First Monkey July 2015[/color]
    [color=green]Baby No2 March 2018
    ~Team Green~[/color]

• There is always a chance the placenta will move up. Mine did. However after the large amount of blood loss with the second bleed doctors have kept me on modified bed rest. Sending T&P your way.
    Me: 35 DH: 35 - Married 10 years
    PCOS and MF

Two failed rounds IUI in 2010
    IVF #1 in 2011 - BFP 8/5/11 - Our IVF miracle was born 4/8/12
    FET 9/23/13; BFP -Twins-10/3/13; EDD 6/10/14; MC 11/1/13; D&C 11/4/13
    FET 3/28/14; BFN - 4/7/14
    IVF #2 - Transfer 2 embryos 11/14/14; BFP 11/24/14 - Beta 265;
    11/26/14 - Beta 612; 11/28/14 - Beta 1263; 12/1/14 - Beta 3571;
    12/3/14 - first u/s - two gestational sacs; 12/17/14 - two healthy heartbeats (132 and 134)
    Our IVF miracles were born 7/16/15

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the prayers ladies!  We have had lots of people praying for us through these first few weeks.  I have have partial previa with 2 out of 3 pregnancies and they all corrected themselves.  Had an appointment 2 weeks ago and found out it changed directions and is now moving away from the scar tissue.  Still have partial previa but I am lifted off my strict restrictions.  I have my NT appointment and placenta check at the perinatologist tomorrow so we will see if everything is still moving in the right direction.  
    Erin

Mom to 3 Boys (Ages 10, 8 & 3)

Mom to 3 Angels

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yay!!!! Such awesome news!!!
    [color=purple]Married July 2014[/color]
    [color=pink]First Monkey July 2015[/color]
    [color=green]Baby No2 March 2018
    ~Team Green~[/color]