2nd Trimester

Baby kicks

so it says in this App that you should start being able to feel your baby kick.... Well I still can't feel anything I'm 18 weeks and I'm sure that's normal but a girl I know is 3 days behind me and she says she can feel her baby kick! Is there something wrong? And I'm still not showing so does that play a roll too?

Re: Baby kicks

• I was about 21 weeks before I felt movement that I was confident in calling the baby and not just muscles twitching. Everyone's different and experiences the milestones at different times.
    Diane
    First Timer!
    EDD: 6-13-15
    Me: 34 Hubs: 37

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage
                                                                    Jean-Luc                                   Unna       

• Totally normal as far as I'm concerned. I felt my baby kick a little before 20 weeks. Well actually more like a roll. My friend on the other hand has yet to feel her baby and she's20 weeks. Everyones body is different as well as their babies growth. Don't get discouraged, it will happen when the time is right!!
  • Loading the player...
  • delujm0delujm0 member
    Everyone is different and a lot depends on the position of the baby and where the placenta implanted. I have anterior placenta, so it's harder to feel baby when she's snuggled up behind it.

I felt one lone kick at 18 weeks and nothing else until 21 weeks. I didn't feel definite daily movement until about 26 weeks. I started feeling consistent movement around 32 weeks. At 35 weeks now and as great as it is to feel her move so often, it's getting pretty uncomfortable! Glad the placenta is dulling it a bit!
  • Maya23Maya23 member
    I'm 19 weeks, and haven't felt anything yet:(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Every OB is different, but my OB told me when I was pregnant not to expect repetitive movement with a pattern until about 24 weeks. Even then it wasn't always consistent.
  • saric83saric83 member
    I have an anterior placenta, and I didn't feel any kicks until about 24 weeks, which the OB said was totally normal. 
  • I didn't feel daily movement until 24 weeks. Everyone is different. My OB told me not to worry about feeling consistent movement until 3rd trimester.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Normal. I felt ours at 18wks but everyone's different. I think if u don't feel it by 23wks maybe ask your doc?