High-Risk Pregnancy

~~~Bed Rest Check-In 5/16/15

lawmom747lawmom747 member
edited May 2015 in High-Risk Pregnancy

Hello and welcome! 
This is a check-in to offer support and encouragement to each other while
facing the challenge of bed rest during pregnancy.

If you are new, please tell us your EDD; # and gender of
LOs; type of bed rest (modified / strict / hospital) and when it started in
your pregnancy; reason for bed rest; and any updates from recent appointments.

QOTW:  What are you planning to pass the time this week?

@supersarah77                  5/17/15           Boy                        Congratulations on baby Oliver!

@jenniferw2487                   5/21/15           Boy                             Hospital BR

@tdotson0722                      6/20/15           Boy/boy twins           Modified BR

@agraves09                         6/??/15           ??                                BR

@SarahBaby87                     6/30/15           Boy                          Modified BR

@eeka1984                         7/4/15             Girl                              Strict BR

@shannonjohnson1940         7/7/15             Girl                           Modified BR

@xstacyannex                     7/11/15           Boy                             BR

@mrsroy24                           7/13/15         Girl                              Strict BR

@RissaBbyGurl                    7/14/15           Girl                          Hospital BR

@claudia3059                      7/16/15           Girl                              Modified BR

@beccaannn94                  7/18/15           Boy                             BR    

@JennaLee1486                7/19/15          Team Green                 Hospital BR

@Knottie74091607            7/31/15                                             Modified BR

@lawmom747                     8/2/15             Boy/girl twins               Modified BR

@Laylatb                           8/8/15             Team green                 Hospital BR

@smartypantslexi               8/9/15             Boy                             Modified BR

@laylatb                            8/18/15           Team green                  Hospital BR

@purduepat2004                 8/22/15           Boy                             Modified BR

@kristiannoonan                8/31/15           ??                                Modified BR

@JimMeBabies3                 9/2/15             Boy/boy twins           Modified BR

@cjagogo                          9/9/15              Girl                           Hospital BR

@PlainJane8350                9/27/15            Girl                            Modified BR

@maura+c                      November                                          Strict BR

@Knottie84968486              9/28/15           Girl                              BR

Me: 35 DH: 35 - Married 10 years
PCOS and MF

Two failed rounds IUI in 2010
IVF #1 in 2011 - BFP 8/5/11 - Our IVF miracle was born 4/8/12
FET 9/23/13; BFP -Twins-10/3/13; EDD 6/10/14; MC 11/1/13; D&C 11/4/13
FET 3/28/14; BFN - 4/7/14
IVF #2 - Transfer 2 embryos 11/14/14; BFP 11/24/14 - Beta 265;
11/26/14 - Beta 612; 11/28/14 - Beta 1263; 12/1/14 - Beta 3571;
12/3/14 - first u/s - two gestational sacs; 12/17/14 - two healthy heartbeats (132 and 134)
Our IVF miracles were born 7/16/15

Re: ~~~Bed Rest Check-In 5/16/15

• September 27, 2015; one girl, modified bed rest for short cervix (I had a LEEP in '05) with progesterone suppositories since 18 weeks (and am 21 weeks tomorrow).
  • 6/30/15. Boy. Modified bedrest. Preterm labor issues. My first son was born at 32 weeks. This one has been trying to escape early since 31 weeks. No real known cause. I'm currently on Procardia every 5-6 hours to try and keep the contactions at bay. Today is 33+4.

I'd be interested to hear others experiences with Procardia... Whether it helped long term or how quickly labor started once they came off it... I've already had to have my dosage upped once and I wonder how long this will last...
  • Loading the player...
  • LaylatbLaylatb member
    August 18 2015. Not sure of gender. First baby. Hospital bed rest with toilet privledges only. Shortened cervix at 9mm. Currently 26 weeks have been in hospital for four days, will be here until baby is born or 34 weeks. Found too late to stitch it, on daily progesterone pessaries, and have had steroid injections.
  • Hello to the new members joining the check-in. 

@PlainJane8350 - ahh - bedrest early in pregnancy - I have been there too - I have been on restrictions since March 19 and through the remainder of the pregnancy due to placenta previa / low lying placenta.

@SarahBaby87 - no experience with Procardia but I'm sending T&P that LO keeps cooking for a while!

@Laylatb - sending hugs your way since I hospital BR cannot be easy. 

AFM - 29+1 here.  Failed my one hour glucose test so I have to go for the three hour test tomorrow.  Not happy about it since I have to fast for 12 hours before the test and being pregnant with twins I have been hungrier than ever.  FX I don't have GD since there have been enough bumps in this pregnancy and I could really use a break.

Work has been keeping me very busy, but a couple of projects are winding down so it looks like that is about to change.  Probably for the best since I am considering taking some of my disability leave for the remainder of the pregnancy and the transition will be easier.
    PCOS and MF

12/3/14 - first u/s - two gestational sacs; 12/17/14 - two healthy heartbeats (132 and 134)

• claudia3059claudia3059 member
    edited May 2015
    Hospital bed rest sounds very difficult. My heart goes out to everyone on this board but particularly those in the hospital.

I've been doing some continuing education for work (Im a financial planner) and I've been editing my 90 y/o fathers book on his experience in the Korean War. Which is a challenge trying to talk him through track changes on his computer 300 miles away AND he's hard of hearing!!!

I've also been spending time on the back deck since the weather has been nice. I guess the most frustrating part of all this is that my uterus just won't cooperate! It's frustrating when I get up to get a glass of water and I have contraction!
  • Just got put on modified bed rest today for the next 4 weeks. Due on 7/19. I had a fetal fibronectin test come back positive and a few contractions. Nothing at regular intervals nor excessive. I am questioning if this is a little extreme? Cervical length 3.7cm at 31 weeks
  • July 7, 2015 - Baby Girl , Modified Bed rest due to preeclampsia
  • maura+cmaura+c member
    Complete bedrest now for 10 weeks. I'm not due until November.. It's testing my emotions and my sanity! I hate it...
  • I'm so done with all this preterm labor mumbo jumbo. This medicine makes me feel awful and I still have contractions. I hit 34 weeks today. I was awake at midnight and did my own internal happy dance. When my son came early at 32 weeks he spent 2 weeks in the NICU. My midwife said last appt that at 34 weeks with the steriods I've already had, he'd likely only spend a few days in the NICU. I feel like I should get the worst mother of the year award when I thought "a few days wouldn't be that bad..." Ugh. I think the bedrest is getting to my head. I feel depressed and hopeless. I just want to sleep.
  • cjagogocjagogo member
    September 9 - sweet little girl - In the hospital(been here 6 days) on complete bed rest. If I do get to go home I'll be on full bed rest from 4 to 5 weeks to the end of my pregnancy depending on what happens this is due to placenta previa which resulted in 3 heavy bleeding episodes. I'm already stir crazy. I just hope I can get home.
  • Just got put on modified bed rest today for the next 4 weeks. Due on 7/19. I had a fetal fibronectin test come back positive and a few contractions. Nothing at regular intervals nor excessive. I am questioning if this is a little extreme? Cervical length 3.7cm at 31 weeks

I felt the same way last week when I was put on MBR. My FFN was negative and I kept thinking it was much a do about nothing. Well, for the last 2 days my uterus is killing me!!! It's like it's trying to twist it's way out. I had a follow up appointment today and he told me that's normal. But if the progression keeps up like this I can't imagine how I will feel in two weeks much less making it to 38. I'm 31+5 today due 7/16.

Hang in there....the first few days were the worst for me. I'm settling into it now.
  • I'm so done with all this preterm labor mumbo jumbo. This medicine makes me feel awful and I still have contractions. I hit 34 weeks today. I was awake at midnight and did my own internal happy dance. When my son came early at 32 weeks he spent 2 weeks in the NICU. My midwife said last appt that at 34 weeks with the steriods I've already had, he'd likely only spend a few days in the NICU. I feel like I should get the worst mother of the year award when I thought "a few days wouldn't be that bad..." Ugh. I think the bedrest is getting to my head. I feel depressed and hopeless. I just want to sleep.

Congrats on 34 weeks! That's an excelent milestone.
    You're not a bad mom...wanting to be done with BR makes complete sense to me. It can be so defeating at times. Sounds like your doing all the right things to me!
  • Welcome to the newbies - and I agree with PP - bedrest is tough and you're not a bad mom just because you are struggling and want it be a thing of the past.  I've been on modified BR for two months now, and it does get a little easier with time.  My 3 year old keeps asking me if I'll be able to do things with her again after the babies come.  I tell her yes, but in reality there will be a little more down time after the c-section...

Is anyone watching a good TV show or reading a good book they would like to share with the group?  Anyone turning to a hobby to pass the time?  (One of the ladies from PAIF board spent her hospital BR knitting blankets for her twins). 
    PCOS and MF

• I need a new rug for our nursery. I have old stained receiving blankets that I won't be using any more but are still in the colors of the room. I've been considering cutting them up and making a rag rug. Like this:

https://www.thecrafty-woman.com/2012/04/latch-hook-jersey-rug-tutorial.html?m=1
  • kamio92kamio92 member
    Modified Bed Rest - officially on 15/5

I've been on and off bedrest since 16 weeks. I have an irritable uterus. I get cramps that can develop into labour almost constantly if I do to much physical activity. I went into preterm at 18 weeks. Thankfully they caught it before my cervix started to change too much.

I was put on best rest last Friday after an AHP Loss/blood loss. There's still no explanation for it. But even the slightest strain can set my uterus off. Even bubs particularly big kicks.

I'm 30 weeks this coming Friday.
    [color=purple]Married July 2014[/color]
    [color=pink]First Monkey July 2015[/color]
    [color=green]Baby No2 March 2018
    ~Team Green~[/color]

• Modified Bed Rest - officially on 15/5

I've been on and off bedrest since 16 weeks. I have an irritable uterus. I get cramps that can develop into labour almost constantly if I do to much physical activity. I went into preterm at 18 weeks. Thankfully they caught it before my cervix started to change too much.

I was put on best rest last Friday after an AHP Loss/blood loss. There's still no explanation for it. But even the slightest strain can set my uterus off. Even bubs particularly big kicks.

I'm 30 weeks this coming Friday.

Right there with you. It's so Frustrating!!!! And surprisingly painful.
  • Due 6/28/15 I was on procardia my dr let me get off of it at 34 weeks and just take it as needed. Didn't notice a difference except for decreased side effects (made me dizzy, had trouble concentrating, occasional weakness, etc) I'm on bed rest for all next week still then hopefully I get to go back to work till I pop! Good luck!
  • So glad to find this board. Was just discharged from the hospital yesterday after 2 days observation due to elevated blood pressure. Went in for my weekly check up, ended up in labor and delivery. 34 weeks today with a healthy, active little girl. On bed rest at home with bathroom privileges. This is gonna be hard. Trying to stay calm and not think about missing work since I'm now cutting into my maternity leave. :( Due July 4th. So hard to allow others to do things around the house for me, but again, trying to stay calm for little nugget inside me to be safe. On BP meds, which is helping thus far. Good luck to all you on bed rest. I'm sure we will all be experts on Netflix and online shopping lol ;)
  • So happy to find this as well! 28 weeks yesterday. Was having contractions at 27 weeks- went to triage and found out I have polyhydramnios. Any other mommies with this? We had a few appts last week and another ultrasound. Baby looks healthy, I don't have GD, they aren't sure why my AF levels are high. But, it's causing my uterus to contract and I'm 50% effaced and fingertip dilated. So I am officially on modified bedrest at home. They did give me the two rounds of steroids last week in triage.

Any other moms have polyhydramnios? I had a partial placental abruption with my now 2.5 year old at 36 weeks and this can increase my chance of another so I am terrified.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • BerlyTownBerlyTown member
    edited May 2015
    Just started my bed rest after two hospital admittance to labor and delivery for high blood pressure. So far tests have come back clear for preeclampsia and ultrasounds look good so I'm just trying to take it easy and keep my blood pressure down.

I'll be 32 weeks on Wednesday and realistically looks like they'll want me to deliver at 37 weeks. I'll be seeing my normal doctor as well as the perinatologist once a week, so I'll be seeing a doctor about every 4 days.

My husband has been awesome this weekend cleaning the house, doing laundry and getting me food/water but tomorrow he'll be at work and I'll be on my own so I know the boredom will really set in. I hope these next 5-8 weeks go by fast!
  • justyhjustyh member
    Hello ladies,
    First id like to say I loved to find this board and this post. All of u women are so inspiring.

Just finished my first full day of modified bed rest. EDD: 10/7
    21 weeks today with my baby girl (jhonnie Mae) on bed rest due to a short cervix and it was dialated 1cm. Got an emergency cerclage yesterday and have been taking progesterone shots since 18 weeks. Will also get steroids at 24 weeks.

Emotionally idk how I'm going to get through this pregnancy on bed rest. I've never been a home body.

• justyh said:

Hello ladies,
    First id like to say I loved to find this board and this post. All of u women are so inspiring.

Just finished my first full day of modified bed rest. EDD: 10/7
    21 weeks today with my baby girl (jhonnie Mae) on bed rest due to a short cervix and it was dialated 1cm. Got an emergency cerclage yesterday and have been taking progesterone shots since 18 weeks. Will also get steroids at 24 weeks.

Emotionally idk how I'm going to get through this pregnancy on bed rest. I've never been a home body.

Hang in there!!!! There are lots of mommas on BR here so you are definitely not alone.
  • ltchambersltchambers member
    edited May 2015
    Edd is 8/24 but my cerclage will be removed at 37 weeks so I'm thinking early to mid August delivery. I have an incompetent cervix and cerclage was placed at 13 weeks. This makes my 14 th week of modified bed rest. It gets easier with time. My doctor has given me the go on outings as long as I don't walk or stand for long periods of time.