January 2016 Moms
Options

Is it safe to sleep on your stomach at 6 weeks?

I want to sleep on my stomach so bad because I have trouble getting comfortable when I lay down but idk if it's safe to.

Best Answer

Re: Is it safe to sleep on your stomach at 6 weeks?

• Options
    I wondered the same thing
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks, my wife wasn't sure either and this is my first pregnancy and I want to make sure I don't do anything I'm not suppose too.
  • Options
    Yes it's fine to sleep on your stomach this early. Your body will let you know when it's time to stop.
  • Options
    I basically slept on my stomach/side all of my pregnancy with my daughter. It was the only way I felt comfortable.
  • Options
    My ob says it's fine until 20 weeks or ur uncomfortable. With my first, I slept on my tummy with my leg up and out to take weight off my belly until 20 weeks . You will know when it doesn't feel right anymore
  • Options
    DjinnaGDjinnaG member
    I thought it was sleeping on your back that was supposed to be a problem, and that later on in pregnancy than we are, too much pressure on some important vein.  I'm a side sleeper, so I didn't pay the most attention, since the only way I've ever been able to sleep comfortably is the preferred position.
    IUD removed 2/13/14
    BFP #1 5/23/14, blighted ovum discovered at 7 wks, Cytotec for missed miscarriage at 8 wks 6/26/14
    BFP #2 4/30/15, heartbeat gone at 8 wks, missed miscarriage again, Cytotec didn't work, D&C 6/12/15
    Biopsy discovered was a partial molar pregnancy, on BC for 6 month wait and test
    Trying again with Follistim/HCG trigger shots beginning January 2016
  • Options
    Yea, later in pregnancy you should sleep on your side. Back and stomach aren't as healthy for the baby. But for now stomach sleep as much as you can because you'll miss it like crazy in a few months!!
  • Options
    Thank you so much y'all have been so helpful
  • Options
    My doctor said its fine to sleep however you feel comfortable...until you don't feel comfortable anymore. (I asked this same thing and also had heard sleeping on back isn't good but she said its all fine)
  • Options
    When I sleep on my back or tummy I can't breathe anymore!
    It's like my boobs are secretly trying to suffocate me