May 2015 Moms
Options

Anybody with GD not giving a sh*t about what you eat now?

I'm 38 weeks and 2 days, lately I've just got tired and not being too strict about the GD diet.
I know it's almost time but I'm so tired of it, any words of encouragement to keep trying or vent?

Re: Anybody with GD not giving a sh*t about what you eat now?

• Options
    Do it for your baby's health, I'm not sure there are any better words of encouragement? Good luck!!
  • Options
    I sorta understand the feeling. I had my boy 5/4 and he's got heart defects. You'd never know by looking at him but I have no choice in breastfeeding or not. I'm forced to breast feed him to help his immune system and to fatten him up for surgery in 4 to 6 months I hate breast feeding and didn't really plan on doing it..

My advice to you is like what she said above, just think of your LO. You've got to keep them health so that nothing bad happens to them. Its all the motivation in the world!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Chichi93 said:

I sorta understand the feeling. I had my boy 5/4 and he's got heart defects. You'd never know by looking at him but I have no choice in breastfeeding or not. I'm forced to breast feed him to help his immune system and to fatten him up for surgery in 4 to 6 months I hate breast feeding and didn't really plan on doing it..

My advice to you is like what she said above, just think of your LO. You've got to keep them health so that nothing bad happens to them. Its all the motivation in the world!

I'm sorry to hear that hun, how did he get heart defects? Is he ok?

I was really on top of it but recently I'm so tired to cook and stuff. I don't eat bad every meal but I'm not watching everything I eat like before. Like my dinner number has been over target few time a night but not the others. Lately when I try so hard at dinner and eat right, I would woke up in the am and my number be under 60 and makes me shaky so I just eat whatever I see. This has been the last two days and I feel so bad. Thanks for the kind words, I will try harder. I'm getting induce on Monday, I need to hang in there, keep on telling myself.
  • Options
    I'm right there with you. So frustrating. We're almost there, hang tight! I've noticed if I need something sweet, I have it immediately after protein and it doesn't affect my numbers too much!
  • Options
    ali0608ali0608 member
    I had my baby 2 weeks ago. But I understand how you feel! The weeks leading up to my c section, no one even cared about my numbers. So it seemed so easy to cheat.
    however, I read somewhere that to make sure your baby's blood sugars don't go low once they are born, the last few weeks are the most crucial at watching your blood sugars. Try your hardest so your baby is fine once he's born.
    My son's numbers were completely fine every time they checked! The pizza and cupcakes at the hospital tasted so awesome!
    Hang in there! You can cheat all you want very very soon!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Thank you guys, that really helps. I guess I just need to hear it from somebody else sometimes. Gonna try hard this weekend and get all good numbers. Hope baby is ok when I get induce on Monday:)
  • Options
    I totally know what you are talking about! I gave birth 10 days ago, and the weeks leading to that day were a challenge. I did not have it in me to care, especially I had early labor signs so every day I felt that the end is closer which made it even harder for me to stick to the schedule. I had so many high numbers and hated the feeling of guilt afterwards. I can tell u that all this hard work is worth it, you will be extremely happy when your baby's sugar levels are normal and his weight is normal as well, I was so proud and felt like I did what I needed to do to protect my lo. Hang in there! My first box of juice the next day required a celebration and I have a picture while enjoying it as I hadn't had juice in 3 months prior.
  • Options
    marms1987 said:

I totally know what you are talking about! I gave birth 10 days ago, and the weeks leading to that day were a challenge. I did not have it in me to care, especially I had early labor signs so every day I felt that the end is closer which made it even harder for me to stick to the schedule. I had so many high numbers and hated the feeling of guilt afterwards. I can tell u that all this hard work is worth it, you will be extremely happy when your baby's sugar levels are normal and his weight is normal as well, I was so proud and felt like I did what I needed to do to protect my lo. Hang in there! My first box of juice the next day required a celebration and I have a picture while enjoying it as I hadn't had juice in 3 months prior.

Omg yes just check my logs and saw that I have at around 7 high numbers each week. They are all under 200 so although I can't do anything about it now, I know I did tried and so I'm not gonna beat myself up about it. I can only be good the next two days since I'm having him on Monday. Omg yes I cannot wait to have some juice, it's gonna be heavenly!!!! I'm even more excited to have him in my arm.
    Do they test his sugar right after he's born? And how often? Thank you so much for your encouragement.
  • Options
    Yes! I've been having the same issue. Sometimes I'm too tired or lazy to cook healthy and I'll just give in and eat badly and then get a reading of 140-150 and feel so guilty afterwards. But I'm so afraid of the baby having blood sugar issues after birth and having to get special formula and not nurse so that keeps me going.
  • Options
    Ps I told my husband I want donuts in the recovery room.
  • Options

Ps I told my husband I want donuts in the recovery room.

Girl I totally get it, the other I had one of those lil Debbie snacks chocolate donut and it spiked my sugar. No more donuts for me until after baby is born. We can do this, when are you due? It's not much longer I'm sure.
  • Options
    The 29th. Hopefully sooner! Good luck to you - hang in there!
  • Options
    ali0608ali0608 member
    They checked my son before each feeding for 24 hours. It was annoying to call the nurse every time he was hungry and wait. Luckily, once the pediatrician checked him in the morning, they said wet didn't have to keep checking. They did check one more time with his 24 hour tests. All numbers were perfect.

• Options
    ali0608 said:

They checked my son before each feeding for 24 hours. It was annoying to call the nurse every time he was hungry and wait. Luckily, once the pediatrician checked him in the morning, they said wet didn't have to keep checking. They did check one more time with his 24 hour tests. All numbers were perfect.

Thanks for the info:) I'm so excited!!!!!
  • Options
    They checked my lo 4 times every 6h, his numbers shouldn't go under 50. The 3rd time he was in the 60s and I was terrified his last reading will be too low, the nurse recommended skin to skin and said it will regulate his blood sugar, and it did! He went back up immediately.
  • Options

I'm 38 weeks and 2 days, lately I've just got tired and not being too strict about the GD diet.
    I know it's almost time but I'm so tired of it, any words of encouragement to keep trying or vent?

YES to this! I am in the exact same boat as you. I am due the 29th, but they are inducing me next weekend. Thank God because I am so sick of salad, chicken, checking my blood, insulin, eggs, double fiber bread, etc. etc. I had mcdonald's breakfast this morning because I feel like I am going to snap! Luckily, my sugar level was fine. Hang in there! We're almost there!
  • Options

YES to this! I am in the exact same boat as you. I am due the 29th, but they are inducing me next weekend. Thank God because I am so sick of salad, chicken, checking my blood, insulin, eggs, double fiber bread, etc. etc. I had mcdonald's breakfast this morning because I feel like I am going to snap! Luckily, my sugar level was fine. Hang in there! We're almost there!
    Girl I can totally relate. I'm sick of it all, esp EGGS, I eat that every morning Urg yucks!!!!
    Boston market has awesome rotisserie chicken but I've eating that twice a weeks every weeks so I'm getting kinda sick of it. Any other fast food place spiked my sugar so I stayed away. Just can't wait to be normal again, yay for us. Good luck with everything hun:)
  • Options
    marms1987 said:

They checked my lo 4 times every 6h, his numbers shouldn't go under 50. The 3rd time he was in the 60s and I was terrified his last reading will be too low, the nurse recommended skin to skin and said it will regulate his blood sugar, and it did! He went back up immediately.

Good to know hun thanks:).
  • Options
    @duynguyen51 were not sure how he got the heart defect. I think it's because when I was a month pregnant my intestines shut down and I was in the hospital for almost a week. They took my blood and did blood work and never told me I was pregnant. They said I wasn't and sent me to have millions of tests done. I had so much pain medicine that I stopped breathing at one point. They also pumped me full of Zofran and that's been on tv for giving kids heart and kidney defects... so I think maybe that's why... I'm about to call Monday and file a claim! But we didn't know about the defect until the day he was born.. if you'd like to hear that story I wrote about it in a forum titled "prayers desperately needed".

Congrats on the induction on Monday!! I'm excited for you! I understand it's hard to watch what you eat and to cook being super pregnant... but just think, you're almost there!! :D you can do it! You're strong! :)
  • Options
    Chichi93 said:

@duynguyen51 were not sure how he got the heart defect. I think it's because when I was a month pregnant my intestines shut down and I was in the hospital for almost a week. They took my blood and did blood work and never told me I was pregnant. They said I wasn't and sent me to have millions of tests done. I had so much pain medicine that I stopped breathing at one point. They also pumped me full of Zofran and that's been on tv for giving kids heart and kidney defects... so I think maybe that's why... I'm about to call Monday and file a claim! But we didn't know about the defect until the day he was born.. if you'd like to hear that story I wrote about it in a forum titled "prayers desperately needed".

Congrats on the induction on Monday!! I'm excited for you! I understand it's hard to watch what you eat and to cook being super pregnant... but just think, you're almost there!! :D you can do it! You're strong! :)

Aww Ic!!! You & you baby just fine. I prayed for ya tonight. It seem like we all go through something, but I'm hoping it will all pass. Goodluck with everything and best wishes for baby Cohen<3