January 2015 Moms
Options

my son stopped baby talking. normal?

My son is four months he would always have little convos with me but latelty he wont "talk" back as much before he would go non stop now i can get a few sounds outta him. Is it normal or ok that he stopped?

Answers

• Options
    I was actually thinking about this with my 4 month old yesterday. I was going through videos of him blabbing with me and dad, and I realized he hasn't done that in a while.
  • Options
    Yess i have videos of him talking even giggling but now i can get him to smile n make a sound here and there but its a big change from before im hoping its a normal thing with babies
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Maybe he's teething so he dosnt feel so great to babble or believe it or not if he got his shots I feel like many babies shut down a little after that and at this mark don't they get like 4. I have 10 nieces and nephews and like 20 cousins, so I observe a lot. Lol
  • Options
    That's reassuring,,, around the 3 month mark we'd gets lots of "talking" but now she doesn't say much at all,,, she blows lots of bubbles tho!
  • Options
    This is completely normal. If you check out the wonder weeks book or app, it's just a behavior that happens as baby begins to perceive the world in new ways. S/he will start back up again soon enough with a list of new tricks and behaviors to show off.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ok good lol i have noticed since hes cut back on the talking hes been blowing spit bubbles and drooling alot more n icant get him to keep his hands out of his mouth so im gunna guess hes starting to teeth
  • Options
    Yup it's normal, babies will learn to do something, and then do it ad nauseum for a while, then stop when they start learning something new
    OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers