June 2014 Moms
Options

Period 3 weeks after miscarriage?

Hi Everyone, i rarely post here but am totally at a loss and there's nothing on the web that can point me in any direction so i'm coming to you all?

After a blighted ovum diagnosis at 7 weeks at the end of march i had to take cytatec to miscarry because after 3 weeks nothing was coming naturally. That was just over 3 weeks ago. I had a follow up ultrasound which was great, all out & healthy. Since then i think i've had about 3-4 non-bleeding days, i've always had some kind of discharge.

This past saturday morning my husband & i had sex and when i went to the bathroom i noticed i was bleeding. It's now been 4 days of fresh, full on bleeding. I haven't attempted a tampon out of fear of what's going on but i'm fed up!

Is this a new period that just came a bit early, 3 weeks to the day that i took cytotec; or is this residue of my miscarriage? Will i EVER be normal again?

Thanks for your thoughts!!

Re: Period 3 weeks after miscarriage?

• Options
    First off, I am so sorry for your loss.
    Secondly, my best advice is just to check in with your OBGYN. It's always better to call and have them say it's nothing (even if you feel as though you're calling all the time!)
    Thirdly, in my wholly unprofessional opinion, I would think its normal. Our bodies are capable of some pretty amazing and weird things. A bleeding uterus is just one of them. Most likely your cycle is just out of whack and it'll take a little while for your body to figure it all out.
    Good luck. Hang in there.
  • Options
    I agree with checking with your OB. After I miscarried I went in a week later for a follow up ultrasound to make sure everything was 'all clear' and the technician told me that I was about to ovulate again. A couple weeks later I had my period. Our bodies are amazing.