TTC after 35

+OPK but ovulated 5 days later?

I have recently started using Fertility Friend.  I just began temping over a week ago so I realize FF does not have much info to detect a reliable ovulation date for me.  However,  I have been recording my signs of ovulation (ewcm, ovulation pain, etc.)  I had a +OPK on CD 34, and my symptoms coincided with this so I do believe that I ovulated on CD34 or CD35.  However, FF says that I ovulated on CD40.  I had dry, sticky cm (sorry tmi) and no ovulation pain on CD40.   Has anyone ovulated much later after a +OPK?  Is it possible that ewcm and ovulation pain are only precursors to ovulation day, and that ovulation can happen several days later?  If that's the case, then I believe I missed my chance at conceiving this month because on CD40 I believe I had already ovulated and we did not have sex in time.  I've attached my chart in the hopes that you ladies that have been charting for awhile can shed some light on this for me.  Thanks :)

Re: +OPK but ovulated 5 days later?

• I've only done a few charts, so I'm still new, but I would guess that FF
    is getting thrown off because you started temping so late. It looks to
    me like you ovulated on CD36. But I'm no expert.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Thank you! I hope this is the case.
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with pp.  FF is confused because of the late start with temps.  I think that CD 36 looks like possible O day.  This cycle will probably be hard to pin down though because of the temps throwing everything off.
    <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5677e2">My Ovulation Chart</a>