April 2015 Moms
Options

Cellulitis and Seroma... C-section?

thubler25thubler25 member
edited May 2015 in April 2015 Moms
I went into the hospital 4/29 to be induced to have my little boy. I went into labor on 4/30 and ended up being in labor for 25 hours. My water was broken for over 12 hours. After 2 hours of pushing, I had to have an emergency c-section. Finally on 4/1 I had my lil guy. Came home 3 days later. Noticed I had drainage from my incision. Let it go for a couple days till the drainage got worse. This past weekend I was admitted to the hospital again.

When I was in the hospital I was told I had a seroma under my incision. My insicion wasn't infected, but they had to re-open my insicion and drain the fluid. They also told me I had cellulitis in the lower part of my stomach... I have a hole care nurse coming every day to help change the dressings.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so any advice? Anything would be great at this point.

Re: Cellulitis and Seroma... C-section?

• Options
    With my first baby, I had a hematoma under my incision which is similar to a seroma I think. My incision was left open 8+ weeks and a nurse came out to change the dressings every day. It does take longer to heal and my incision looks funny because it didn't close evenly (which is the least of my worries). My only advise is to be patient and take care of yourself a little more than with a regular c section recovery. Stay off of your feet as much as possible and wear form fitting underwear if you can tolerate them. They made the area feel s little more tight and normal.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml